Home

The nerfing of........

Kickflipper.

I am not going to talk about the nerfing of DFA, or the need to nerf Backslash/stab. I am talking about something different...... Kicking.

Since there is no official name that I am aware of, I call it Kickflipping.

This move has been nerfed, from doing 20 points of damage to 18, and requiring you to hit jump twice. I don't get it, the move was never that powerful to begin with. Sure, it pierced shields but if the enemy swung as you charged, you either had to stop or get cut.

20 damage was downgraded to 18. Is it just me, or do I not see the point of this? If I were kicking someones ass by Kickflipping, making do it ONE MORE TIME to kill someone is not going to stop me. And if you were using it as a finisher, why would you use something that has so little damage?

Also, having to double tap the jump key makes it utterly impossible to perform on laggy servers, and impossible to use on people crouching. Also generally, once you have hit the button twice, the enemy is gone and you end up doing nothing.

Raven has taked a move that most anyone could defeat, and nerfed it for no appearant reason. Why? :confused:

Some say it's because Strong stance users were vulnerable to it....... But uh, aren't there other stances?

I think Raven said in an email posted by someone it wasn't due to the fact that so many were using it as an offensive weapon. They said they made it require double tap to stop you from accidentally backflipping off a ledge or wall that you were actually trying to jump over.

Originally posted by Kickflipper.

I am not going to talk about the nerfing of DFA, or the need to nerf Backslash/stab. I am talking about something different...... Kicking.

Since there is no official name that I am aware of, I call it Kickflipping.

This move has been nerfed, from doing 20 points of damage to 18, and requiring you to hit jump twice. I don't get it, the move was never that powerful to begin with. Sure, it pierced shields but if the enemy swung as you charged, you either had to stop or get cut.

20 damage was downgraded to 18. Is it just me, or do I not see the point of this? If I were kicking someones ass by Kickflipping, making do it ONE MORE TIME to kill someone is not going to stop me. And if you were using it as a finisher, why would you use something that has so little damage?

Also, having to double tap the jump key makes it utterly impossible to perform on laggy servers, and impossible to use on people crouching. Also generally, once you have hit the button twice, the enemy is gone and you end up doing nothing.

Raven has taked a move that most anyone could defeat, and nerfed it for no appearant reason. Why? :confused:

Some say it's because Strong stance users were vulnerable to it....... But uh, aren't there other stances?

my thoughts exactly..

my suggestion would be to make it an option in your settings menu..

----------------------------------

doubletap kick on/off

-----------------------------------

am i way off on this one?

Is it just me, or would I NEVER use Kickflip when there was no enemy, and a wall infront of me? I heard they made Wall Jumping/Walking double tap to keep it from being accidental....... But how do you accidently Flip off the wall when you are trying to hit the enemy?

And even if it was a problem, they have made it VERY hard to perfrom against a enemy that moves with more than the W and S keys.

I think the problem wasn't in the kicking, but in how it was coded.

Basically, they programmed the kickflip to happen everytime you ran into something which obstructed forward motion and hit jump. They then had it do 20 damage (or 18 now in .03).

The 20 wouldn't affect a wall, either they were invincible, or just had no health levels to be dropped. But with people, it did the damage. However, when the annoying problem of constantly kick flipping off low ledges when being close to them and trying to jump over happened, they fixed it, which changed the code, which thus affected the attack kick flip as well as the acrobatic stunt.

If they were to be two seperate entities, it would be a lot harder for coding. The server would haveto determine if it was a player or a wall in front of you, then with that information change what would happen when you pushed forward and jump against it. Basically, it was unnecessary stress on a system. It sucks it was cut down accidentally, especially as it wasn't THAT hard to get over low ledges, but it doesn't really affect me as I never really used the kick flips that much (except against a wall, which I can still do)

Archived