Home

Death of JKII

devNiGHThaWk

As soon as the movie hits the theatre JKII is done for the gunners. Nerds who bow down to saber battles will rush from their movie theaters and grab a game of JediKnightII they will come to this slow site named http://www.jediknightii.net and will download a patch named 1.03 from jediknightii's 56k servers. They will see how intense and jedilike saber battles are and will love the game to death. Raven will worship this group and will disable guns completly in the next patch.

Thank you raven for destroying the game we once loved. My clan and I are looking into SOFII but its made by you and i am afraid that once i start liking that game too you will nerf the **** out of it and make it unplayable.

If you look closely at the gamespy stats on games most played, JKII lost about 1,000 players?!?! Hint about 95% of them are gunners.

I couldnt agree more Nighthawk. Raven basically dissed all the hardcore gamers who takes competition seriously, and basically made it a game for newbies.

Lifespan of JKO in my HD = 2 months.

Lifespan of JK Dark Forces 2 in my HD = 3 years.

jk2 was the bomb diggity when it first came out, i quit all my other games for it.. and i know a lot of people did as well.. then the patch was released now we are all quitting jk2 cuz it just isn't fun anymore with a whole community of 5. their hasnt been any real matches for a while cuz of this ****ing patch bs, and the pubs are full of bots, and maybe 2 real players at the most. (the 1.02 ones at least) the 1.03 maybe 6 out of 500 are ful. and then again half the ppl playing on those servers are bots.. raven shouldn't have made this patch. jk1 is still being played by people because aside from the rampant cheating, it's a fun game.. i mean a lot of us have gone back to jk1 to escape the steaming pile of dog**** that is jk2. It was more fun because LucasArts didn't **** with the patch. Newbies didn't have to whine about all the servers having guns, they just went to the nf sabers servers.. or the ff sabers server, or the ff guns, or the nf guns, or the ctf ff, or ctf nf servers/tables.. The people went and played their certain gamestyle and didn't bother the others too much.. raven seriously ****ed up their product by listening to people that have never played a game in their life let alone jedi knight: df2. The only way this game could have ever been/be good would be for Raven to hire a former jk1 elite player to as a multiplayer consultant.. Somebody that was well rounded at all gamestyles.. Not just somebody that was elite at nf sabers only , or somebody that was only good at nf guns only.. but somebody who was a rapist at all styles, like Mr.Wiz, MacLeod, etc, somebody that was an all-around player and understood the game and how the styles were played. and all servers should list Sabers NF or Sabers FF.. the dedicated server plan was great, but the server admins are making it confusing for newbies, and so they intend to play sabers nf and end up in a guns ctf ff match and bitch and whine, then take it to the forums and ask raven to remove guns/force powers fromt he game.. **** that, **** the people who asked for this change, and **** those who won't put out an effort to fix their problem. You want an easy way to deal with this problem Raven? One that will make us all happy and be no sweat on your side? Release the source code.. we have peoople waiting to make jk1/competition mods for jk2.. so do that for the love of god..

Unless that code is released, this game won't last long.

thank you,

DSbr-AtomicZyr

What to say? Where to start? Hell, the game just isn't fun anymore, but there is one thing I am REALLY looking forward to... the JK2 source code. Once they post the source code, people will be able to fix/alter stuff.

There is a problem though, since all the gunners left, I shudder to think what kind of mods will be released. I think by nerfing the game in the first place they ruined its appeal to alot of players, and guess what? The fewer players that play the game means the fewer moders that mod the game.

I love star wars, and I loved JK, so I am only hoping that the source code will be released soon before everybody looses hope. I already know too many people who have wiped their HD's clean of JK2.

P.S. - Why is there more than one lightsaber stance anyway? A lightsaber doesn't have a variable weight so why should it ever swing slower/faster? I can maybe see a few different saber styles, but the fast, medium, slow thing just seems a little odd.

-AtomicSHAFT

the stances where to do what they did in v2. heavy to cause damage, light to be nothing, and medium in between.

it was made that way in order to balance the force and help saberists stay even with gunners by giving them heavy unto which they could smack the **** out of a non-saber blocking opponent.

sabers were a force power.

they were a force power to balance the game, and they did that.

now, they backpeddle and change the system around. its crap now

The gunners are the true competative types. Lossing them is a big mistake. What kept quake 1-3, UT, and JK1 alive for so long? Competiveness. I joined a UT server the other day and at least half of the players were on one ladder or another.

Raven is digging JK2's grave.

WD, what other weapons from UT or Q3 are there to use...oooo lets have an impact hammer match. JO CTF was always lame, as is any CTF where all you do is frag to the flag and frag out You want CTF, i strongly suggest Tribes, its the best there is. or wait for a new team based game mode....i really cant wait for UT2k3's Bombing Run game mode....Kinda like Blastball mod for UT, but more refined.

Sup....

I was the second to buy Jedi II in my clan..... It's all I played dropped every other game... Game Rocked.. The just running around and kicking to people to death was a blast... {Gone now since the double tap function. No way can you land 7 kicks on one person and use drain that's now nerfed to keep them from healing. So that part of the game is gone. Well anyways I promoted this game in our fourms for weeks... Eight players from my clan laid out the cash and bought it then the 1.03 patch came out And well now there like dam we just wasted all this cash for a borring game.. Thanks...

I really never could figure out what the hell all the whinning was with the 1.02 patch was anyways... The game was fast paced fun and force powers where Awesome...... Whole point is this is a respawn game with no waiting time to respawn... It's not like Counter Strike which you have to wait for another team to get fragged.. It's not like Day of defeat where you could wait up to 10 seconds to respawn.....

Wow that guy killed me with Grip... Wallaa I'm respawned.. Now what could of done to counter this should be the thoughts of respawned players but Oh no it's WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he killed me with Grip I'm going to tell Mommy {Raven} That he used the force powers on me and I didn't like it... WWWWAAAAAAAAaaaaa I got killed by DFA and I won't take the time to learn or read how to counter it... WWWWhhhhhhaaaaaaaa He used drain on me then griped me and ran up sideways on a wall then kicked me to death.... MOMMY make them stop... Please come out with a patch to stop my Newbie Ass from getting Schooled by players that put the time in to learn this game............

Anys Since the move is out I'm thinking one word that best discribs the game now......EBAY.... Maybe I should Sell one of the Two Coppie's of this game I bought to some want to be Jedi that can't find this game at store's for a marked up price.... Ya I bought two coppie's so when other's from my clan came over could play it on my other p.c to see what I was talking about.. That's how much I believed in this game...

Now I believe EBAY maybe the ansewer....

{XG} Snape

Flame away nothing you can say will change my mind only the new patch of 1.04 can.... So waste you time Flamming... I don't care one bit...

BBQ Time....... Because I sure the hell am Flamming the not to buy this game to anyone that I encounter that's thinking of.....

Remember Sale's Quato's talks and that's the bottom line.. The porfit margen...

I Wholly ****ing agree.

Raven... the game was beautiful... but you should fire and beat the crap out of whoever came up with JKII: Nerf Wars.

You dug your own grave here.

Another sad thing is that this game isn't completely through yet people are still giving up hope! I reinstalled my game and have been playing on rebel 1.02 servers since the plague was released.

It's still fun... just becoming fun in fewer numbers of servers...

-Spaz

Sup....

I was the second to buy Jedi II in my clan..... It's all I played dropped every other game... Game Rocked.. The just running around and kicking to people to death was a blast... {Gone now since the double tap function. No way can you land 7 kicks on one person and use drain that's now nerfed to keep them from healing. So that part of the game is gone. Well anyways I promoted this game in our fourms for weeks... Eight players from my clan laid out the cash and bought it then the 1.03 patch came out And well now there like dam we just wasted all this cash for a borring game.. Thanks...

I really never could figure out what the hell all the whinning was with the 1.02 patch was anyways... The game was fast paced fun and force powers where Awesome...... Whole point is this is a respawn game with no waiting time to respawn... It's not like Counter Strike which you have to wait for another team to get fragged.. It's not like Day of defeat where you could wait up to 10 seconds to respawn.....

Wow that guy killed me with Grip... Wallaa I'm respawned.. Now what could of done to counter this should be the thoughts of respawned players but Oh no it's WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he killed me with Grip I'm going to tell Mommy {Raven} That he used the force powers on me and I didn't like it... WWWWAAAAAAAAaaaaa I got killed by DFA and I won't take the time to learn or read how to counter it... WWWWhhhhhhaaaaaaaa He used drain on me then griped me and ran up sideways on a wall then kicked me to death.... MOMMY make them stop... Please come out with a patch to stop my Newbie Ass from getting Schooled by players that put the time in to learn this game............

Anys Since the move is out I'm thinking one word that best discribs the game now......EBAY.... Maybe I should Sell one of the Two Coppie's of this game I bought to some want to be Jedi that can't find this game at store's for a marked up price.... Ya I bought two coppie's so when other's from my clan came over could play it on my other p.c to see what I was talking about.. That's how much I believed in this game...

Now I believe EBAY maybe the ansewer....

{XG} Snape

Flame away nothing you can say will change my mind only the new patch of 1.04 can.... So waste you time Flamming... I don't care one bit...

BBQ Time....... Because I sure the hell am Flamming the not to buy this game to anyone that I encounter that's thinking of.....

Remember Sale's Quato's talks and that's the bottom line.. The porfit margen...

I went back to the Team Fortress Classic irc chat on gamesnet.net and i was looking around the old clans i used to idle in, and it amazes me at how many people still play this damn game after all the years it's been out.. I mean the game is nothing compared to what jk2 could be, but they have stuck around for so long why? Community. They have one, having less than 40 idlers in each TFC Clan channel is considered a clan that's unknown.. with most channels averaging 80+ and there are tons of them.. There are so many damned clans in that game it's not funny, OGL is full of hundreds of clans.. they have so many damn divisions for it. Then theres STA that has like bronze 1,2,3 silver 1,2,3 gold 1,2 platinum 1. all divisions with at least 20 teams on them.. then there's TFL also huge, and PFL which is by far the best tfc league, and now CAL is becoming a popular league for tfc. Point is that game is still around because the majority of the community is all clanners, not just newbie clans but mostly elite clans. Yeah there are a ton of newbie clans, but they at least know their way around the internet enough to hang out on irc and organize matches. Theres the newbie pubbers that hang out in their area and don't bother competition people and competition people that play primary on their match servers, private servers, or exclusive dedicated servers for elite players primarily. They stay out of the way of the news, much like the saber players should keep off the gunners servers. Now if Valve Software removed the rocket launcher from TFC or mirvs, people would have quit by the thousands. and It would turn into what we have for jk2 right now.. but They didn't.. they only made tiny changes.. Newbies complained about spam as well, they did something similar to raven, but not as dramatic.. they made the newbie players weapons easier to use and more powerful and made the elite players weapons arsenal reduced a tiny bit, but not enuf to quit the game over. And where they ****ed up the game for elite players, they made up for it elsewhere in the game. They took most of the requests for the game from the elite stock of players, not the random newbies. This game (TFC) shouldn't even be that popular, it's not that fun, it's not as graphically superior as jk2, it doesn't have more than 1 style of gameplay, and it didn't become bundled with software till recently. It started out as just a simple mod.. But anyway, This was just to prove to RavenSoft that they shouldn't completely diss the elite/competitive community because we are the only ones that are goign to keep this game alive, not some newbie that gets pissed off about not being able to advance in Single Player so they quit the game. We are the ones that would recommend this game to friends to compete against us, and get more and more people we know hooked on that game, continuing to make that game a best seller. So Raven, take a cold shower and look at your options for fixing your mess, and take action. You don't want to be a failure do you? I didn't think so. Personally, I'm not going to buy sof2 because of the bs you pulled in jk2.

to [iAMSAM] :

Agreed brother, That's all I play is 1.02 servers, 1.03 isn't worth my time, true they aren't many servers to play on it but when there are players and they are competitive it is fun.

Well anyway All Seeing Eye are so in touch with the community it's not funny, they updated a version tab for jk2 recently, they also have always had easy to use saber only/ force only/ guns only server filters as well as gametype tabs.. if only the saberists knew about the all seeing eye none of this crap would have happened..

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye

Hey I Still drop by that Game from time to time... .. Old School at it's best.... Don't forget Unreal Tournment also... And God help me but Quake II.... J/k

There comming out with a new Team Fortress this summer... Let's hope it's not like MMMMmmmm Well you know who's new and improved updated version...

Point is The Good game's never die.....

There good break's from time to time go get back to gamming the way it was intended.. Skilled Players competting against each othere.

That was the apealed me to Jedi II was it took lots of skill to pull off the hard Move's that made people just wonder how the hell did he do that... Now it's just hack hack hack away till someone die's..... Borring....

Well anyways Good to see some old school gamers here...

Sof2 I also was going to buy it but like the othere's my feelings are the same....

{XG} Snape

The Death of JK2, a slight overreaction don't you think?

Yeah ok the patch was more of a mod than a patch but it hardly crippled the game, personally the gunners annoyed the hell out of me and there are still plenty to be found out there, all with their fingers perminantley stuck to secondary fire on the flacehtte or repeter looking for as few a shot kills as possible, the one thing which truly got my goat about the game were the gunners and if the patch means less of them, then well done Raven you have done us saber lovers a service.

I also won't recomend this game anymore. I must of had 8 people buy this game because I told them it was the best thing going. Not now, I just tell them that the game has been ruined by a patch that was put out and save your money for the Aliens vs Predator 2 expansion instead. At least when they patch a game they do it right. They added features that a server could turn off and on like being able to molt into a queen or the use of exosuits. I am back to playing AvP2 now...... if they fix this game with the 1.04 patch I might play it again. As it stands I feel I got ripped off by what they did. I expected them to patch things and make the game work for ppl that were having problems. I did not expect them to trash the multiplayer game aspects though.

thrawn, if i had kids i would not let them near you. you are morally questionable.

hmm.... isnt it a strange coincidence that when people talk about patches they do like, they usually talk about added fetures?

and it seems that more people feel cheated, as do i.

if this patch came out of a desire to "alleviate" the concerns of people like thrawn, than this is nothing but a sell out. while there is a certin value for politics, this is stealing. do your market research before you release products.

if this was unintentional, then let me say, this game is broken. higher level gamers feel alienated and are leaving. you needed balance changes, not an overhaul of the system. this is a mistake and it needs to be remedied quickly, (but for the love of god, with extensive beta testing).

of it was intentional/political, it is stealing.

bait and switch

Archived