Home

How much does a reputation cost?

NewBJedi

If there is not another JK2 patch will it hurt the reputation of LucusArts and Raven?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. If there is not another JK2 patch will it hurt the reputation of LucusArts and Raven?

• Yes, I would probably reconsider purchasing another product from either of them.
    • No, I will buy other games from one or the other again.

Originally posted by Nathan Wind

googly, if you have to learn new things beceause "a game is changed so much," then it is a different game.

a patch that is realy a mod.

The big diff. here is that I didn't complain about it I adapted.

Raven didn't have to make the game at all, I'm glad they did cuz I love it. When I get tired of this game or no longer find it to my liking (due to a ptach or whatever reason), then I'll simply not play it.

I don't understand some of the posters in this forum who seem to feel a god-given right has been stripped from them. We do have choices you know. So NewB chooses to not like the patch ..all's well and good, but he doesn't need to post about it so often...hes' made his point (many times) now let it go.

Originally posted by Thrawn89

The dark forces needed toning down, and I've not seen any major changes in them anyway, and it's not as if doing the kick is difficult or anything.

It's a fair move if it's pulled off, just like any of the others, what were you trying to say there?

Uh, spectate all the top score players - backstab, backstab, pull force, backstab, etc.

One move shouldn't dominate - or if it does, it should be highly avoidable, like Heavy Stance DFA - but backstab is much worse.

NewB..I sympathize with you...I really do. The problem is that no matter what Raven does there will always be some sort of "exploit" or "lame" move. The only way to avoid this is to have 1 weapon and 1 move so that everyone is on an even keel.

The real issue at hand is the people that exploit the problems with the game. The same moves that piss you off are available to everyone. I don't use them much at all because I agree with you that there are some probs with some moves. Over the course of several hours I may use some of those moves half a dozen times...which is reasonable I think. I never use DFA simply because I find heavy too slow for my liking. I rarely use heavy at all for that very same reason.

I think if you spent time on a server with good players that were more interested in having a good time and fighting well you might change your mind.

As far as purchasing future releases...if it's a game I want to play I don't care who puts it out...I'll buy it even if the track record of the company is not so stellar.

The bottom line here is that it is up to each of us as players to decide whether or not we enjoy playing a game or not. Sure I vent at other players form time to time if I think they are just ganking it and taking advantage of the games problems...but Im not gonna quit out of hand. I'd rather seek out servers/players that suit my ideal of how this game should be played.

Yah ...

But the problem seems to be is that the 1.03 backstab is far worse than the 1.02 heavy stance DFA.

I mean at least with heavy stance DFA the person took a major risk in being saber throwed or kicked.

With backstab people run around backwards and use it anywhere at anytime with little penalty.

Also, imagine in a game that running backwards were faster or better than running forward - wouldn't it look silly if everyone was doing that?

Backstab is simply retarded - and beyond the nerfs - make 1.03 one of the worse patches I've seen for a game - except for Tribes 2.

Backstab is a problem and in some ways it is worse than 1.02 DFA...but I don't see everyone using it (a lot, but not all). I saw more DFA'ing last night than the backstab. In fact, some have figured out a twist on DFA that pretty much makes it like 1.02 again...they can spam it in such a way that you don't see it coming (they don't need the running start).

Yah ...

Just minor tweaks to bugs, cheats, and exploits is all we need.

The whole drastic gameplay changes thing is kinda bad - imo.

I hate to push for support, but this is one of the few games I've been truly addicted too.

I really love this game believe it or not. :)

Me too NewB, me too... one of the problems in asking for change is that certain people immediately jump to the conclusion that you hate the game, Raven, Lucasarts and Lucas.

Well okay, Lucas himself is on my hit list, but I don't hate the rest. :p

I fail to see the logic in you not buying future products from a perfectly responsible and good company. That's like saying "I'm not buying any fruits from this store because my 1 apple was a tad spoiled". 1 game patch doesn't mean all of their games will suck, neither does if they don't patch it again. There is no logic in that. Plus if you don't like the patch just uninstall it, not like it's manditory. There are alot of people still playing 1.02.

Archived