Home

I <3 Light Stance

Zek

I've been playing on NF servers more lately(the ones that correctly have saber throw off) and I just thought I'd say Light Stance is my absolute favorite stance now. It's not random at all; I know all the swings, and I can do them as I please. My unrelentingly aggressive playstyle(which is really only possible in Light) throws people off consistently, since they're all used to jousting with medium and heavy and I absolutely won't let them play the distance game. Get up close, swing unrelentingly, dodge the swings I can't block; not only does it make duels exponentially more interesting, I own 90% of people who insist on jousting like in 1.02. I've found that the lunge is very useful if you use it in the middle of a chain of attacks; hold down crouch in mid-swing and hold forward, and you'll immediately do the lunge when the swing finishes without having to stop to crouch. Also, once in a while you can mix it up with an overheard heavy swing or DFA that often succeeds in catching them by surprise and cutting them in half.

I'm not sure what the point of this post was, I just felt like ranting. I find that NF duels are the most enjoyable servers since it minimizes whoring of any sort(backstab being the only one, and it's much less overpowered without Push/Pull, though it still does insane damage and people use it way too much) and forces people to actually saberfight rather than using one of the many other ways of killing people.

Good on ye, one of the first people i've that sounds like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to light style :D.

All of the stances are lethal when used properly, and light is no exception.

Sometimes this tactic won't work against someone who can use red or yellow properly. They can keep their distance well, and also, red strings now can kill you very easily, especially if you are consantly swinging and cannot block. It is true that it does completely throw people off, but I would recommend using the other styles a little more too. I use all stances pretty much at the same time, and whenever I change to blue I use the tactic that you've described :)

You're right about NF servers (with ST off as well) being the best atm, because people whore the pull/push backstab move. The only problem with NF set serverside, is that you now can't use jump, which means no kicking :(

there is a way to turn off certain force powers in a server. For example, i started a game once on the zone (ya i know it sucks but i wanted to play some newbs) and i started a game and had the force level on Master. Then i loaded the game and brought down the console. and typed this one thing, which i forgot what it as, i would have to be at home to check. I am at school now so if i have time tonight i might post it. But anyways, i turned off light and dark powers and kept push and pull and stuff. I just like push. :) I kept all the neutral powers, however you can have a variation. Like just having jump and the saber levels.

:duel:

Archived