Home

Saber Preview

illOgic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by CraZy_B

Sorry for bitchin but it's important. You got that saber upside down:rolleyes:. I remember from the film that those buttons were at the end of the handle.

what are you talking about? its a perfect representation.

btw when and where can I download?

Seriously leagle u have gotta stop posting those messages. I'm not trying to insult you, but it's pretty annoying to come to a post and have to scroll through a load of your posts that are just a questionmark or a smiley. Seems like every post I read you're there adding posts that don't actually add anything to the topic. For the sake of everyone on these forums, PLEASE just ask yourself if your post adds to the topic in discussion, or is relevant in any way.

On a more relevant topic, this saber looks awesome. Probably better than the standard one, and definitely super accurate!!! Definitely one for downloading.

Cheers for all your hard work Ill0gic

m.d.c:fett:

I'm not posting for the sake of posting, I am bumping the thread and asking: status? at the same time. All my smilies talk sentances, instead of those who add random::c3po: :c3po: :fett: :fett: :fett::deathii: everytime they post.:mad:

So say he says something positive, I go "gg", or good good. Or good game, but this isn't a game, it's a forum.

It is much better than going: "Oh gotta d/l it, can you make me my mod:fett: :fett:

Originally posted by CraZy_B

it's upside down.

wtf do you mean upside down!

It's you who's upside down. I watched it earlier: You and Obi's saber -he hangs it upside down, it's more conveniant.;)

<edit> your pic shows it clearly. The pommel is at the top of the pic, and very clear, (On the model too) so I don't see how you confused yourself.:confused:

oh come on dude. for a start, i wasn't asking for him to "make me my mod". Secondly, ur posts are not necessary - u don't need to bump popular threads like this one. Thirdly, ur posts of that nature NEVER add anything, they're just a waste of bandwidth and time for everyone else. i was hoping u were gonna take my point and accept it, but if u feel u wanna argue it out, feel free to PM me.

fourthly - WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ADDING SMILIES AT THE END OF POSTS - THEY MAKE THEM LOOK COOL AND THEY ARENT WASTING SPACE AS THAT SPACE WOULD ONLY BE EMPTY!! The lowest form of argument is trying to change the topic of the argument with an insulting counter-point, IMHO.

cheers.

m.d.c:fett: (still there!!)

it is.

threads like this do not need people constantly bothering them, and wasting people's time and bandwidth - they'll tell u when things change!! if you havent got anything to say, don't say anything at all. the reason i picked you up on it is because first i noticed that there's a lot of pointless posts that don't achieve anything, just waste space - it's like ur trying to build ur post number... the thing is, the second thing i noticed is that almost all these pointless posts are by you!!! i'm not saying you never post interesting/useful stuff, it's just often, to be blunt, you don't.

cheers

m.d.c:fett: (still still there!!)

:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:

Giving a deserving pat on the back is not useless.

And I am no powerposter, sometimes I just sit back and say jack: The :amidala: trusts my powerposternon-status, you should too.

Thank you omses, it is. I do, however feel the need to tell people when they did a decent job. So many peeps just drop it cause of "lack of interest".

Originally posted by ErionD

That simply rocks man! Though i must ask: How many polys?

Since its so great in detail the game might take a hit if you get it in.

Since some of the Jk2 weapons have alot polys I don't think a high detail hilt is going to cause that much of a system slow down. I would still like to see how many polys it is...

Also having higher poly weapons (in the first person view) is not as bad as say a 5000 poly player model on the screen. Since you will only see one weapon model on screen at a time. Player models can cause your system to chug hard if they are too high poly.

Having really high poly light sabers viewed in 3rd person does worry me alittle....

V!G

First of all, i downloaded the model, and let me say it is the highest quality piece of work i have seen for this game yet (though boba model is outstanding), but it seemed to me it was too large. sabers, at least obiwan's if i remember right, are +/- eleven inches long and 1.5 inches wide. this saber seems to be about 2 inches wide and almost a foot and a quarter long. i.e. my player hold it with both hands, yet there is still enough saber on top to accomodate another hand, while kyle's saber which i think is big, comparatively, hold 2 hands with a small emitter on top, say 14 inches. And luke's (though it is not held correctly) holds only one and a half hands. If you've given a great deal of thought to the size, please ignore my comments, and i do not mean to "come down on you" as i said this is the best model i've seen, and i have nowhere near your modeling skill, but i though you might like a little constructive criticism from an unbiased observer.

i just wanna say your saber is the best really i got a single player obi-wan and now i have the saber !!! what more must a gamer need this is everything that i could have hoped for !!! i love it !!!

keep up the good work !!!! and don't stop here if i may suggest you could make a anakin and dooku or darthmaul just do your thing !!!!

hope to see more of your work take care

master obi-wan :ben:

Archived