Home

Wookie Model in progress

Major Clod

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF only I was doing a wookie, THen Cheshire would talk about my testicals too =P

j/k sorry if anyone took offense.

Great model, I been NEEDING a wookie. I need my fix of wookie so I can make him act all drunk n stuff.

I agree Epimethious. I began making wookies act intoxicated after seeing a drunk man dressed like a wookie with a party hat on during 2000 new year. He was stumbling around going "rargh" and making exagerated movements where one could guess he was saying "now see this guy? Now he is my best budy, he's my best budy in the whole wide world" then he passed out. Since then I have been teaching baby wookies (and wookie actionfigures.... [YES I MEANT TEACHING ACTION FIGURES] ) to act intoxicated via actual intoxication. This has led to a culture clash and even the ewoks are now getting intoxicated so humans may laugh at them. Let me note that Ewoks are now dying by the thousands because of their intoxication leading to falling off their penthouses.

Originally posted by Oobedoob Benobi

OMG you did not just say that! Get out of my house and never speak of his name again!!!!!

fun to kill though.

hey Major Clod it looks great- what program are you using?

I'm using 3ds Max 4.2 to model him... The fur has been done using alpha transparency. I've finished the basic skin for the arms, legs and torso, all I have left now is the head, and to add the bandolier and his tool bag.

I do have an old gungan model I made for Half-Life ages ago, but I never ended up finishing it. Perhaps once I get the wookiee done I can have a go at Jar Jar.. :p

cool! did somebody say gungan!? just kidding. actually that would be cool if modeled nicely... some random starwars meshes, if anyone is interested

ANYWAYS, the wookie looks AMAZING, like the newer fur, not to bash the older fur, but the new more "frizzly" look is more wookieish. very, very cool. good job. can't wait to see it in game. also if you model a separate utility belt it could be turned on and off to provide more options to skinners... just a thought :D

Okay, I've finished the basic texture for the wookiee, have a look here...

Skinned Wookiee

What do you all think? Any feedback at all is appreciated. All I need to do now is the Bandolier and Tool Bag, and the model should be finished.

*Edit*

Just for anyone interested, I've uploaded some images of the wookie model itself.

Wookie Wireframe

Wookiee without skin and alpha

Wookiee without alpha

Archived