Home

SORRY, I'M NEW

Guest calvinsanity

Guest calvinsanity

I have been playing for a little while and have completed the game a few times over to try to learn some upgrade buying strategy. I am sure that you all have hit speeds over 1000, right? The posts that I have read only talk in the 600s. Surely, higher speeds than that are played all the time?

Guest Entilzar

I did 1279 or something like that. Yes, I don't know exactly, it was just before a crash smile.gif

B. Quadinaros, in the tunnel of SMR.

But I'm speaking about km, not mph.

I don't know if it changes anything...

------------------

My ally is the Force, and a powerfull ally it is.

Guest Entilzar

Yes, of course there's a difference, but even in the game ?

The programmers could have only make change the unit display.

I mean, if you choose mph, you'll have 1000mph displayed, otherwise it would be 1000km/h.

Has someone tested it in the game ?

------------------

My ally is the Force, and a powerfull ally it is.

Guest Garindan

umm....the best advice i can give you is buy from watto. Yep. Forget the new stuff, the pit droids repair everything after a race, say you buy a stabilizer and it's like got and inch of red, well, buy it!!!! then race, and make sure you don't damage your pod (if you do, and you can't get it back in the green, crash it), then when you beat the level, go to upgrades to check your parts, and it *should* be in the green all the way.

you can save money and get some real deals that way. I've maxed out all the posts (well i didn't want to damage any so i stopped doing tournaments and just ride freestyle)

Originally posted by Entilzar:

Yes, of course there's a difference, but even in the game ?

The programmers could have only make change the unit display.

I mean, if you choose mph, you'll have 1000mph displayed, otherwise it would be 1000km/h.

Has someone tested it in the game ?

Kilometers and Miles are 2 different ways to calculate distance. One kilometer is 0,621 miles. If you are going 60mph then you are going about 100kmh, if you are going 600 mph, you guessed it, you're going about 1000 km/h.

Therefore you will always have a higher number if you set the display on km/h (you're not going faster though, since we know that you go through more kilometers in the same distance as a mile).

All the programmers for Racer (and all other games) had to do is multiply the miles by 1.6 to get the kilometers displayed.

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

[This message has been edited by Jedi SuperBuen (edited February 13, 2001).]

Archived