Home

All saber answers here!!! Whiners come!

Dark Begger

Does this help you guys at all?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Does this help you guys at all?

• Yes! Thank you! I can now defend myself now!
    • I\'ve always knew how to defend but it\'s cool how you\'re getting these whiners to shut up!
    • I decided not to read this and just take this poll anyways.
    • It helped a bit, I learned a few things, thanks!!
    • I can\'t do what you\'re telling me to do!
    • I know all this, but I\'m still a whiner, always will be, so I will continue whining about things I suck at!

OKAY! So I've heard all your whining about sabers and forces, and complaining about this and that in the game. So let's figure this out shall we?

Main problem: Backstab

"The Backstab is too over powered! Now there are guys just running aimlessly backwards hoping to get a lucky shot!"

Okay, well guys, if you notice, the backstab goes straight 'back'. Thus, if you use something called 'move left' or 'move right' and not 'just stand there' you could probably rotate around him and swing. Even a more stylish move called 'jump' can get around this.

Problem #2: Back sweep

"The Back sweep is too over powered! Now there are guys just running aimlessly backwards hoping to get a lucky shot!"

Same as above, but you have to time your 'move left' and 'move right' move a little faster and better. But the stylish 'jump' move still works like a charm.

*****Quick answer to both*******

Since they are 'aimlessly' running backwards, get beside them and hit them from the side, then they can't end up doing the back swign, and if they do, you will be gone by the time they do.

Main Problem #3: Forces

Grip:

"Oh mommy! they keep gripping me and sending me off the side! it's no fair and cheap! ahhh please help me I don't want to die!"

Hmm...well now that grip is a walk...if you get thrown off you're pretty damn stupid.

"but if I'm close to the ledge they jsut grip me and turn and drop me!"

Serves you right for being close to the ledge without absorb on.

Lightning:

"Oh mommy they're lightning me and it hurts!!!! and it's cheap!"

Hmmmm...absorb? not that difficult this one..but I guess some just need to learn.

Drain:

Well this has turned into **** now...

"oh mommy drain doesn't take all force powers away now! it's useless!"

hmm..then don't use it.

Pull:

"ahh he keeps pulling me and making me fall down adn then back stabbing me! help me! it's no fair! I'm going to die!"

Well, if he's pulling you and you're fallin down you must be like, 5 centimeters from him, or did not invest in force pull. If you did not nivest in pull, then guess how you counter this? invest in force pull. If you're 5 cm away? pull him first OR jump when you get close and swing, you can usually get a hit off and go over his head when he pulls you, thus you don't fall.

Push:

"They keep pushing me to the ground!"

same as above. not that difficult

Absorb:

"It's too strong! I cant' see it! I can't lightning whore him and I can't grip him or drain whore him!"

Well does it hurt YOU? no? oh okay. no problem then. touch up on your saber skills and kill his ass.

Heal:

"They keep running and healing! It's no fair!"

run after him and saber throw him. I bet he'll lose health faster, and if not, take shortcuts and cut him off and hack at him. Not that difficult. and there's always drain.

Mind Trick:

"He's invisible and keeps killing me! No fair!"

Force seeing. end of story.

---------------------------------------------------

Main problem #4:

"The guns take more ammo! Now I can't spam alt fire all over the place! it's no fair"

hmm..does everyone else have more ammo than you to make it not fair? ohh.. you don't want to have to aim at a guy for more than 10 seconds, I get it now. Easy then, just learn to aim better. (well I guess I could be lenient about this and say that it was an unnecessary update.)

------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure more complaints will arise or I forgot some...add more answers if you want to! lol.

Oh and by the way, for those of you who are just ready to write some juicy criticisms about me, and how I'm stupid and blah blah blah. I hate this patch. I love 1.02. But I live with 1.03. If you ask for more changes, it will only get worse. So learn how to defend yourself with the current version.

Hope this helped all you whiners out there.

oh, and if the reason you are going to give me is that you CAN counter all this but SOMETIMES you DIE from some 'CHEAP' moves as mentioned above, think about it. If these countered worked EVERY time, and if you NEVER died, what kind of game would this be? Everyone else would be complaining about YOUR moves. Dying is part of a game. if you KNOW you wont' die, then there's no risk or fun to it.

I like the way you suggested using absorb to counter most of the forces. But hold on a minute... Dark jedi dont get absorb. Hmmm. What do we do now? Go light? That would be bad cos there would be no balance to the force system. I think you need to get back to the drawing board and stop WHINING about whiners.

PS.

I wont be coming back to this post as I dont think it is worth any more of my time. :)

Thankyou.

absorb to counter most forces? yeah that's true, thats' from a light jedi prospective. If you were a dark Jedi, guess what, use your dark jedi forces. LOL He lightnings you, if you are a dark Jedi, you should be able to lightning back no? He grips you, you can grip back or push him away no? As for ledges, if you're close to a ledge, you can grip just as fast as any other guy, so get him before he gets you. Dark forces vs. Dark forces is pretty balanced since both attackers have the same pros and cons. And also, no body has whined about being a dark jedi and not being able to do anything.

All the dark jedi complain about is absorb being too strong. and I addressed that. Does it hurt you? no, ok then, no loss.

And as for beign throw off the ledges, you have equal chance of throwing him, so no problem there.

haha, nice try though, if you're a dark force user, and have mad saber skills, you're all set.

Biased? how? What standpoint am I taking either than for people to stop complaining? I am biased because I use light side? Actually..a lot of what I said was countering DARK Jedi..

am I biased because you think I like 1.03? I told you I HATE 1.03. I rarely duel anymore, and I have unistalled and went back to 1.02. But I did not quit because it's 'less balanced' everything is still balanced in a sense. I quit 1.03 because it was jsut plain boring to play.

So...I don't like 1.03, but I put points up to support it (somewhat) ...can't be biased there then..

I'm a light Jedi, and showed how to counter dark jedi and neutral forces...hmm..not even really giving an opinion here..just helping out..

I don't use backstab/sweep and didn't use DFA in 1.02, although I used heavy...but I did bash any of these, and said they were all perfectly fine...so ..can't be biased there...

well I really can't see how I am biased. Maybe because I am chinese and like asian style sword play and I think that 1.03 makes it look more like that and flying around like in the old Jet Li movies and and and...rambling now sorry..Can't see what you saw in my 'guide' that was biased buddy.

quite funny how you call me a n00b, seeing as I've been an active clan member for 2 different JO clans, pretty high rank on the twl boards, and actually learned how to play the game and counter moves that you complain about (because you never took the time to actually learn that the game is already balanced.)

yes, I'm the n00b.

ooh..is backstab too strong for you little boy? Do you need mommy to change it so those bad bad men don't always beat you with it? awww..poor guy.

So I see, first you complained about DFA. okay..it got changed, now saber fights are longer and more random

Now you complain about Backstab, so you want that nerfed? okay..so now we're down to no special moves and just 30-40 damage each hit...

Next patch you'll find something else to complain about...oh and they take that out too..

Time passes.....

"oh no! he stared at me too much and I'm getting scared! Please make it so he can't move or attack so that I can always win since I have no skill and can't do anything and want everyone to fight like me so that I can't find anything cheap! Please o Please Raven.

How pathetic you little n00b.

Nathan ,I have no beef with you, it's the pathetic soul who called me a n00b because I actually took time to learn and adapt to the game, instead of complaining about it.

I'm with you about going back to 1.02, but it won't happen, it won't go back to exactly 1.02. A lot of what I said in my very first post was OPPOSITE of my biased point of view (which was what I was attempting to get across in the message you told me to re read). Example: I don't backstab, but i don't think it's over powered.

I'm not trying to diss you here, just trying to clear things up. Let's try to keep this contstructive criticism rather than what Orangina_Rouge put up there.

*flame on*

bitch bitch bitch thats all you ever are

i don't understand how one could label themselves a jk2 veteran when the game has only been out oh.. a month or so? complaining about whiners (aka whining) and "adapting" to the incredibly <sarcasm> HUGE</sarcasm> changes since the big 1.03 patch swap, does not make one special, though i like to think you used to ride the short bus. Have fun in your efforts to rid the community of the whiners.

*flame off*

Hey.... I agree with Begger. Nothing good comes from crying. Look at the patch. Happened with Starfleet Command 3 times. Tribes 2.... the list goes on.

Unfortunately the people that get hurt are the ones actually spending time learning counter moves and developing skill. My guess is they were working on skill while the whinners were here posting a frenzy of complaints.

I reverted back to 1.02 myself.

Drep's Sabers ONLY 1 - 209.204.71.201

Drep's Sabers ONLY 2 - 209.204.71.200

Perhaps we can develope our own patch. I have solved many problems with just server side config tweaks. I think since the camps are so divided it may be time to embrace that and work on a 1.02 tweak of our own. Ahh... just a thought. I am a visionary with developing dooer skills.

drepanon777@hotmail.com if you want to talk about a real rebel alliance : )

Archived