Home

Guide To Sp And Mp Skin Conversion

Darklighter

k i followed the directions and changed one of my skins from mp to sp. strangely it did not solve my previous problem either.

Lately, when i start a single player game the female skin with the purple face and tattoos is the default player. Yet she is speaking with kyle's voice. When i put my sp skin into the base folder as the default, it didn't show up.

please help this is driving me insane!!!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been away so long, so I couldn't answer any questions.

Umm, moderator (could one please answer this question), I hope you don't mind me asking, I don't want to be rude, but where did the sticky on this thread go? It hasn't been very active because I've been away, but I'm back now and ready to answer any questions!:)

To prove it, Arkum, I'm sending you the sp Anakin skin now - please make this thread a sticky again...please...:( :( :(

Originally posted by [sWS]Strider

Make it a Sticky because Darkligter is the Ownz

Thank you Strider! Good to speak to you again after a while!

I would like very much for thjis to be a sticky again. It keeps sliping down the list and I'm worried for it going onto the next page. Please?:):(

Darklighter, i've been following the thread lately (should be made sticky) but <sniff> can't unzip the .pk3 files. Reason is, I can't find Winzip. :confused: Is Winzip a part of Windows or does it have to be downloaded? Using Windows Me right now and it sucks at the moment. Could you tell me where Winzip is located? Thanks.

"Se deferendum"-Latin for "in self-defense".

:newbie::wstupid:

Originally posted by Wheezle

does this only work for skins? or will models work too?

i'm trying to get aalya to work.

I'm sorry to say, but I haven't had much luck with models at the moment. There is also a huge problem with surf files, I don't know how to convert them...

Originally posted by Quackster

Darklighter, i've been following the thread lately (should be made sticky) but <sniff> can't unzip the .pk3 files. Reason is, I can't find Winzip. :confused: Is Winzip a part of Windows or does it have to be downloaded? Using Windows Me right now and it sucks at the moment. Could you tell me where Winzip is located? Thanks.

:newbie::wstupid:

You can download it. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to do this, moderator tell me if I am wrong I mean no harm, but it is located here

I got my anakin to finally work. I was wondering if you could replace characters, such as jan or the stormtroopers with models as well. Do I just replace those lines in model_default with stormtrooper or jan? (just as i replaced anakin with kyle)

Thanks Darklighter! Works like a charm. Great walkthrough. This thread should be made sticky!! :)

May the Force be with you Darklighter!

:syoda:

"Do not be intimidated; to be intimidated is to surrender indefinitely."-Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings

Now, through going over some things, I have come up with a solution to problems people have been experiencing. I wrote a very long walkthrough in this thread (moderators, please please please:( :) make it sticky again) and this part below featured in the process of the conversion method.

Originally posted by Darklighter

8. Now leave the 'kyle' folder, leave the 'player' folder, leave the 'model' folder and leave the 'temp' folder so that you can see the 'temp folder. Right click on it (or whatever) and turn the 'temp' folder into a .zip file. Rename it from temp.pk3 so it says kyle.pk3.

:(:)

Now, I know this is true for some skins, but others wouldn't work with this method, and I think I know why.....

If the skin will not work in SP when you have zipped the 'temp' folder and turned it into a pk3 file, then instead zip up the 'models' folder. I have done this with a few skins recently and they have worked. If you don't understand or want to ask me something abuot it post here. I really want this to be a sticky again, and others too, as I fell I've helped a lot of people. Not assuming anything though, its the mods decision:) :( :(

BakerS8er thoser skins are on their way to you now. Thanks everyone and good luck!

:D

Archived