Home

CloneTrooper model thoughts?

Niblem

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niblem, not sure if it will help but what are you using to pack the pak?

I had a similar problem when using winace to zip my pk3 files. Outcast just did not like them. So I downloaded WinZip, zipped it up, changed the extension, and it worked perfectly. Now like I said if this helps cool if not just ignore it.

When making a skinpack, I use Pakscape when I want to combine all my skins into a single .pk3 file. Winzip only works if I'm zipping a single "models" folder. But if my skin has multiple folders, such as scripts, shaders, bot, sound, etc, then using winzip to turn my skinpack into a .pk3 file will not work. But Pakscape will. Its usually used to turn maps into .pk3 files but you can also use it to turn models & skins into .pk3 files too. If that is your problem, then go here to download Pakscape v0.08:

http://planetquake.com/bubba/files.html

And here is a short Tutorial on how to use it:

http://www.planetquake.com/bubba/pk3.html

Got the model in the Game!! Thanks Angry Sandwich pakscape worked, wizip i guess was compressing it wrong or somthing..

Everything is good the skins work the bot works, and the shaders work... but HAHA the head does not show up!! LOL

Gotta figure this out now, im gonna try swapping with another version of the head before i optimized the poly's the head had 800 verticies, and now its at 430.. so that might have messed somthing up.. I'll mess with it.. And I'll keep you guys updated!!

In Game Screenshot

As you can see the lens, band and light is there on his head, but the head is missing :p

Niblem, I don't know how I've missed this thread... but man am I anxious for you to finish. Your model is looking GREAT! I have to also agree with adillon, I don't mean to knock anybody elses skins, but this character did need a whole new model... and you are the MAN! Great work!

Hmmm, the head.. Well if i get any power ups and so on in the game, the forcefields that surround the model outlines the fin, so i know the head did load... It just isnt rendering it..

Maybe i have to many poly's for the model? i've got 4112 poly's (i havent made the lod's yet) and thats not including the bones and tags... those make it a whopping 6700 or so poly's :p

Anyone know the max amount of poly's alowed?

seriously...the amount of cool models in the works is great. i remember i started skinning because i wanted tomake a clonetrooper skin then i realized i couldnt make a good one and stopped. now theres a model and its perfect. err...yeah...cept for the missing head deal...you'll straighten it out. awesome work so far.

Alright peoples, heres the bit... I got the model working 98% :p

The head wasnt rendering cause i accidently made the head texture 1024x1025 :p so removed the one pixel and it worked.. Ne ways there is one thing left that i need to fix before i release it... its just a smoothing problem on the back of the trooper torso..

Its in the screen shot, you will see what i mean. I also made the texture's shadows and lines a little darker so that you can see the geometry a little better etc.

Here's a shot from in game, that shows the head, and that has the new texture and smoothing glitch, expect the model to be released tomarrow :)

Enjoy!!

New in game shot, with the freaking head! :p

Archived