Home

Darth Maul FINISHED!

CheshireKat

Well, the SP release is gonna have to wait till I get the Reborn sounds to work.....................

:(

Anyways, I played as Maul online tonight, and ran into quite a few other Mauls too, and I have to say it was a blast!!!

I can't really remember the last time I played the game other than Testing the model with Spacemonkey.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheshire, you'll have to change some of the sounds if you're going to use the one I sent you. Just testing it and you'll need to change the pain25.mp3 to something else. I've changed it to a growl instead of the "fear is my ally" that I had before. Maul was saying it too much :) hehe

just open up the pk3 file and change it for all 3, you'll have to test it out yourself anyway it might be better getting more sounds due to the reborn having about 6 or 7 different taunts.

Rory, I don't know, but I started a thread for the Release, and everyone still comes here so.............

Peloquin, thanks for the help!!!

Got it working, and I'm sending it back to you now. Please edit the read me as you see fit.

And please edit the sounds if they need it. I didn't see this post till now, and it's half way to you already. The file is kinda big due to Reborn using 3 different folders for sounds so......

Anyways, I didn't add anything to the Read Me, because I don't really know your name or what you'd like to add, so take a look at it and do it up proper please.

Then Submit it to Polycount and JK2 and Massassi if you could please.

I have to get some sleep........................................................

I´ve mad a new skin to the maul model.

one hour of heavy work and it was finished.

actuly it is just a recoloring of Arco´s blue model so he deserves most of the credit

it is "DARTH MAUL WITHOUT FACIAL TATOOS"

it has normal head and brown clothes(like a jedi knight)

E-mail me at rjurs85@hotmail.com to get it

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Only 1 complaint.. When it uses the "JKII hunched over" saber position, he really does look like a hunchback :D

and it is a big complaint. it looks pretty silly, like he should be swinging from a church tower or something. its a shame because this is such a good model. Lady Brena had the same problem. also should mention that mauls arms deform very badly when swinging the saber (especially the strong stance) maybe a maul 2.0 is in order?

sandwich, you're MAD!!!! i doubt anyone will do that - too much effort.

but true, it will be cool to do that.

how bout a model of Cloud or SEPHIROTH?!?!?!?!??!?!

hehe - im even more mad then all of you togather!:evil5:

Originally posted by §ith Lord

and it is a big complaint. it looks pretty silly, like he should be swinging from a church tower or something. its a shame because this is such a good model. Lady Brena had the same problem. also should mention that mauls arms deform very badly when swinging the saber (especially the strong stance) maybe a maul 2.0 is in order?

how came no one said anything when ladybrena was released

he would have to now rework the most of the model

yeah, the hunchback problem is pretty bad, it looked cool in the pictures but his sholders/back stick out too much or somthing, i think you where trying to give the cloth a "puff out" look, but i dont think its really like that, the cloth just really lays flat, other than that great model.

Well, I don't know what to say about the Hunchback really.....

The model is weighted to the way the skeleton works. The arms can use some improvements I know, but the skeleton animates, and the model bends over.

Part of it may be that I spent alot of time weighting him and playing as him with the Double Bladed Saber.

I am however going to tinker with the model leisurely, but as a side project to further learn weighting and such. I will look into it, but as a side project of sorts.

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT THE DOUBLE BLADED CHEAT:

Do this:

Start up JK2 MP

Press (shift ~) to bring down the console

Type the following:

/devmap ffa_bespin (or any other map you wish to play)

Once you enter the game select your saber and press (1) to put your blade down.

Now goto your console again (shift ~)

And type the following:

/thedestroyer

That's it

I bound it to a key to make it faster

Originally posted by D_S_W

sandwich, you're MAD!!!! i doubt anyone will do that - too much effort.

Haven't you heard... all sandwiches are "mad". We're crazed from the lack of respect we get from the local deli's. And it doesn't help much when all people want to do when they see us is eat us for lunch. You're damn right I'm mad!

But to be honest, I too think that making an ID4 Bioskeleton Alien model for JK2 would be extremely hard to do if not imossible. But I'm plugging it again anyway. :D

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/id4.jpg

Darth Maul looks great, except for the already mentioned hunch. He looks fne in strong stance but in the other two stances he looks really weird. Hopefully this will be fixed. Also some of his attacks look weird cause it looks like his neck extends. Those are my gripes and hopefully they can be fixed. Will you realease a updated version of him in the future Cheshire? Thanks again.

Archived