Home

Darth Molls saber

Skull-Taker

Is there a way to have the two bladed lightsaber in a multipler match without enabling cheats? :confused:

I enabled them so me and a few other players could have the saber but a few idiots joined and the used the GOD cheat which kida screwd the game..

We booted them and they kept coming back.

AFAIK there is no possibility to get the double sided saber (it's darth maul btw ;)) is by enabling cheats. otherwise everybody would use the saber on normal servers. and since the saber is neither finished (animationwise), nor balanced (damagewise) i guess i wouldn't be such a good idea either...

Gotta say it: Darth Mollified. His face on the way down... :lol:

While keeping the game balanced would be an issue, it would be interesting to have a Maul-vs-other-jedi server, some sort of hybrid between duel and jedi vs mercenary games. Assuming I'm making any sense at all, of course. Whoever wins the duel gets the double-bladed Maulness.

Just had a thought: perhaps a way to keep it balanced would be to deprive the Maul player of the strong stance...never saw him use it until his saber was chopped in half, if I recall correctly.

"Just had a thought: perhaps a way to keep it balanced would be to deprive the Maul player of the strong stance..."

That wouldnt solve a thing, skilled yellow and blue stance users would be the ones that were the deadliest with it. In either of those two stances the Maul Saber allows you to run into a group already fighting and "whirlwind" making multiple kills to easily.

D4

I reckon it's one of those things that just needs testing really. To be honest though, the dual saber is not invincible, just powerful - in a Jedi Master style set-up multiple players hammer the big guy into the floor, taking casualties. You always do.

Oh, the guy with the double saber shouldn't get level in all the force powers - the only change should be his saber.

Gotta say it: Darth Mollified. His face on the way down...

Mollified? Someone made him feel BETTER? More like Darth Maaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuulllll....... or Darth Oh Buggeeeeeeeeeeeerrr

"Hello, my name is Darth Maul, tough you wouldn't know if someone hadn't told you. I seem to forget to introduce myself throughout the entire film. My entire purpose, my motivation if you will, is to look menacing (pity I'm not better at it really) and have a funny two bladed lightsaber. I'm also supposed to fight two jedi at the end, some kind of cool fight they tell me. Frankly, I think that I'd do much better not turning up, my lifespan might be longer, and I would have less fanboys running after screaming 'I wanna double bladed lightsaber! I wanna double bladed lightsaber!'. Most irritating."

Sorry, but I really thought he was a waste of space. Even Count Pookie was better (he should have been though, Christopher Lee is the god of bad guys)

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about to me; lol, by the way.

I am, however, painfully aware of Maul's popularity among the younger players. They seem to think looking mean, being able to jump about in all kinds of interesting ways, and using an old weapon with a new twist is really really cool. Who needs character when you've got all that?

Hey kids! May the merchandising be with you!

*Wanders off, muttering about the quality of this/that/the other in HIS day...*

Smeg, I'm turning 26 in a coupla weeks. So old, so old...

*Force Pulls walking stick*

I don't think anyone got Ep1...looks like everyone just wanted to insult it because it had the horrible actor=kid, and the idiotic charater=jar jar, which was when you think about it, very NECCESSARY to be that way. And the rest everyone just picked up from other movie critics so you would feel like you know what you are talking about. ANYWAY...

Darth Maul had an EXACT purpose to be the way he was. For a character like that, would you like to tell me what should he do? Yell "HEY YOU THERE!!" all the time? Laugh like a Reborn? Or maybe yet, you would do a better perfomance to look as he looked. Odd enough that Lucas didn't pick YOU to act in for him. You people don't seem to get the bigger picture. Only myself and a few priviledged that look at the whole hexology can understand it...

George Lucas has said "I cannot make a movie according to what ,y fans want". He is exactly right. Episode 1 was a good movie in that it served it's purpose(I enjoyed it, and have the DVD), which was to introduce the character, Anakin Skywalker. You have to remember what Star Wars is about. It is basically, the story of a family. The Skywalkers.

Darth Maul served a purpose. When his character's purpose was done, he was eliminated from the story. that is what moviemaking is, keeping integral characters and eliminating irrelevant characters. That is storytelling.

In and of itself, EP1 was actually alright. I have never before dared to state this out loud because of the ridicule that would have been poured onto my head.

That being said, there were a bnumber of things I DIDN'T like about the film, even Jar-Jar was irritating but ignorable (and yes, rarely he was even funny). The kid...well, I thought his acting was a little wooden, but then I remember that he was exactly that - a *kid*. Never work with children or animals, as they often said in the BBC.

I won't start on the "midichlorians" stuff. I just won't.

But the worst thing about the film was, IMHO, Darth Maul. He said nothing of import. Wandered around, looked menacing, and had a cool fight at the end. I for one would have preferred a fight more like the one in ep2, where the opponenets TALKED to each other. Made threats, pummeled their chest saying how hard they were.

I wouldn't have minded if he'd had SOME character. It didn't have to be much, just enough to be more than a cardboard cutout with a funny face and two lightsaber blades. I am aware of his PURPOSE in the film, but that doesn't mean he had to have no ROLE in the film.

Am I the only one who thinks that perhaps some of his scenes got cut? The ones where you saw more of his character? That would make some sense to me, because otherwise he really did serve no purpose other than to turn up at the end, kill off one major character, and then die at the hands of another.

Finally mr. Kal, would you like to tell me, in your OWN words, what YOU think his purpose was? I notice you stated that I had no idea what it was, but you neglected to actually tell us.

Yes mr.Sut I would NOT like to tell you what he was all about but since you insist then allright.

Maul was not an ordinary apprentace. He was CREATED to fight the Jedi, and he was created to destroy them. He was what you would call an efficient "fighting machine". That's what made him not to be a real lord of the sith. He couldn't think for himself. Because there are always 2 lords. However he wasn't one. Now, Dooku was a Lord. He joined the Dark Side willingly, because he wanted to be more powerful than any Jedi. However during Ep2 we already see how Dooku wants to take out the Emperor and rule instead of him. That is when he asks Obi-Wan's help for them to destroy the Sith. Because a real apprentace always wants his Emperor's power (that's why Vader wanted Luke to join him, so they could kill the Emperor and rule together). Now back to Darth Maul. As I said he wasn't an ordinary apprentace. He was there just to serve the emperor and destroy the Jedi. Basically you can call him an extended arm of the Emperor. That's why he had the line "At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge". It's like the Jedi did something to HIM. Basically he didin't have to have any more lines than the 3 he has, because his look and movement explained how he felt very good. The half battle scene where he is cut off from Qui-Gon explains it the most.

Basically, you are not supposed to find out more about him, because THERE IS nothing more about him to learn. He was a fighting character, Dooku was a diplomatic character, however Dooku was able to think for himself. Dooku was the one joining the people of the Republic into the rogue groups that would eventually destroy the Republic. If you see Maul in his place, then well, hats off to you for the imagination. And again, Maul wasn't a human or any other creature. He was LITERALY a Sithspit.

I hope that clears it up somewhat for ya.

Thank you for that explanation. I have actually seen it before, but I had forgotten it. It does make a lot of sense, but I would have liked to see at least a little of that explained in the film. Even if it was nothing more than a "Go my tool, destroy the Jedi as they destroyed us. It is what I created you for..." line. On the whole, I would have liked more character for him regardless. I like my enemies to have personality.

As for Sidious, I was under the impression that Lucas someone had stated CATEGORICALLY that Sidous was NOT Palapatine. This does not preclude a form of personality transfer, or even Sidious dying and leaving knowledge behind for Palpatine to find (note that Anakin respects very few politicians, and treats Palaptine as the wisest and kindest of all - he RESPECTS him. It makes sense that he may follow him if they both turn to the dark side). Bear in mind though, this is only a theory.

My reason for the "Mr. Kal" bit was actually because I forgot your full nick. Sorry about that.

Well the mr. makes it sound hostile heh.

Anyway, yeah that is the point with many people who didn't like Ep1. They focused on more what they wanted and didn't get, and didn't actually bother to see what was behind it. I mean seriously, I HATED the kid, he was the crappiest actor I have ever seen, and I was ruding throught the whole movie (when I first saw it) that he gets some part of his body choped off, because that would make me happy, and I was hoping that Jar-Jar would either strange himself with his ****ing ears, or choke on that long mother****ing tongue. However as we later see Jar-Jar needed to be the way he was because he set the war in motion. Well actually Amidala set it in motion when she declared a vote of no confidence in Valorum (that made Palapatine as a senator), but Jar-Jar just made the second act. Lucas needed to make him stupid so that he would approve the use of the immediate act of power for Palapatine.

About Palapatine not being Sidious, well we can obviously see from theforce.net that Sidious and Palapatine are played by the same actor. However for the story, it might turn out that Sidious had himself cloned, and the clone = Palapatine. That is far-fetched but it is a possibility. Just as I think that Sidious=Sifa Dyas. But of course we will see all that in Ep3. And of course it is obvious why Anakin will turn...but we will see all that in Ep3

Irrelevant characters should be eliminated during the edit of the script (or any kind of story), but I admit Maul served his purpose. It had more to do with wowing the audience than advancing the plot, I fear. Until he killed Qui-Gonn, I didn't really care about him one way or the other, which should be an important point. It would have been more interesting if Dooku had done it, but that would take the story off in a different direction...we'll never know if that would have been a good or bad thing.

You shouldn't HAVE to learn more about the characters in the movie by looking beyond the movie; it should be IN the movie. That being said, now I know Binks' purpose in the grand plan, I understand why we had to put up with him in ep1. And the whole purpose of the prequels is to see Anakin on the road to Vader, so the movies do succeed with that. It's a shame to see them let down by the other stuff, is all.

About Darth:-

Darth Maul was a weapon forged by the hateful energies of the dark side to ensure the victory of the Sith over the Jedi order. A creature of pure evil, Maul had no personality beyond his ultimate devotion to his master, Darth Sidious. His goal was singular -- to exact vengeance upon the Jedi for the decimation of the Sith ranks.

About Palpatine:-

No one is quite sure how Palpatine was first introduced to the power of the dark side. He is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Palpatine used Spaarti cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies, and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. He would change his form again and again, prolonging his life. Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within the galaxy's core, on a shadowy world called Byss. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts

Both quotes taken from the official starwars website databank.

Funnily enough, the last 3 posts have just summed up my theories on the missing links in the films, namely that Sidious is Sifa Dyas, and that Palpatine learns his powers from a holocron (possibly one that Dyas left for him on purpose). Palpatine may still be a clone of Dyas, but under those circumstances, would not the jedi council have notced that this senator looked remarkably like a jedi master who "died" only a few years before?

Perhaps we cannot truely evaluate the first movie until ep3 has been released, after if you had seen the first film wouldn't the emperor or Vader come off as being kinda, well, shallow characters? Perhaps an equivalent to Maul from that film would be Tarkin - whose only real purpose was to stand around...look menacing...and say "You may fire when ready". He didn't even get a cool fight scene at the end, he just got blown up :>

(OTOH - I liked him because he had style and character, I think Maul had the style of a fluffy purple donkey in a sombrero. Character makes as much of the...um character as does looking like a big red meanie)

Again I apologise for sounding hostile, I suppose I was feeling a little hostile. My fault.

Archived