Home

does kyle have like 3 lightsabers?and innacurrate colors

vuch

i noticed in JK1 kyles lightsaber is green,MoTS it is orange...and here it is blue. Now the blue may not be "his" just one of the jedi academy. But they make it seem as if it is his. Now to the color innacuracy...the Lightsabers have crystals inside of them right?(duh!) but there are 2 types basically...the Jedi Crystals and the Sith crystals...Supposedly Jedi Crystals always show green or blue blads and sith always red...Now since windu's is like an electron one i can see how it is different...But yellow?orange?what crystal was used for this?did lucasarts even consider accuracy when doing this part of the game?guess not... tell me ur thoughts on this...or correct me -vuch

it depends on what type of crystal you use to make your saber with. all the sabers in episodes 1-2 and most likely 3 were green/blue and red probably because its some unspoken jedi/sith code thing. mace's was purple probably because his crystal had some sort of meaning er something. after episode 3, the only person that hadnt known about the whole jedi thing was luke, and his first saber was given to him from obi-wan. then lukes green saber might have just been green cuz he felt like it.

after episode 6, however, no one knows much of anything about the old jedi code, hence people using different color sabers. this is just an educated guess, but it makes sense IMO.

note that kyle had four sabers, also. his green one (originally Rahns, for all we know rahn could have been an old jedi as well), then yuns lightsaber which he took after yun died in JK1, which was yellow. the orange and blue sabers i dont know.

Maces saber dosn't actually use a crystal. If you watch Mace Windu's TV trailer you will see it says Electrum light saber, while in obi wans + Anakins it says crystaline lightsaber. So that could be the reason why Mace's is purple......With Elecrum lightsabers you have greater control over the colours you can have.

Just a thought :D

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/ep2ads/ep2ads5.html

:D

AFAIK electrum is an extremly light weighting alloy of gold and metal, so this hasn't got to do anything with the crystal mace uses, it's just that his hilt is probably made of electrum, giving him a greater agility with his saber.

now to the saber color question: kyle had a green saber and got a yellow after his green was destroyed, we all know that. how he got the orange in MotS nobody knows... maybe they just made a sligt mistake or they just didn't care. now, IIRC kyle joined the jedi acedemy after the happenings of MotS since he feared that he could fall to the darkside. there, he build his new saber (blue). there he also discovered that he is too "weak" and that it would be better not to use the force again since he could do a sh!tload of damage as a darksided jedi with the valley of the jedi.

ohh...i went dark in that one -this makes this...maybe in MoTS he wanted his own lightsaber not Yun's so he made an orange one...so i guess he dumped the orange one and the dark side and started all over at the academy?

you know how many books and other EU there is? he probably hasnt read any of it, except possibly the thrawn trilogy. to read all the books from a universe he created would be extremely egotistical, which, if you havnt seen/read any interviews of him, he isnt. so unless he blatently says "this is star wars", then its subject to change how he see's fit.

Originally posted by vuch

Now to the color innacuracy...the Lightsabers have crystals inside of them right?(duh!) but there are 2 types basically...the Jedi Crystals and the Sith crystals...Supposedly Jedi Crystals always show green or blue blads and sith always red...Now since windu's is like an electron one i can see how it is different...But yellow?orange?what crystal was used for this?did lucasarts even consider accuracy when doing this part of the game?guess not... tell me ur thoughts on this...or correct me -vuch

First of all, I don't remember reading about "sith" crystals, I've always believed there are different colored crystals, red blue green ect, and the sith use red to distinguish themselves from others, and it's just evil looking. To my knoweledge there are no "jedi" crystals, there is 1 type, but different colors.

2ndly, Mace Windu had an electron HILT, not crystal. Purple was just his color of choice. Remember, Mara Jade has a purple lightsaber in the books. Maybe other colors are just more rare.

3rd, Raven made the game. There couldn't have been 4 or 3 colors..too little. The crystals used in lightsabers I am SURE come in every color. In the young Jedi book series, there was a dark jedi that had a black lightsaber, and later on (can't remember name) a Jedi had a white lightsaber. So the crystals come in every color practically.

Originally posted by vuch

ohh...i went dark in that one -this makes this...maybe in MoTS he wanted his own lightsaber not Yun's so he made an orange one...so i guess he dumped the orange one and the dark side and started all over at the academy?

Lucas approves all the books before they get published, and doesnt allow them to be published if they interfere with the current Star Wars story and facts.

dude, i never said it was true, i just said it was an educated guess for an excuse. and hellmaster, then why are there so many books that conflict with the original trilogy? an example is tales of the bounty hunters, saying boba fett was jaster mereel and such, and all that crap.

he may approve of them, but he doesnt blatantly say "this is star wars", he simply lets them write it.

I saw an interview with the guy who plays Mace Windu and he said that he made a deal with Lucas to star in Episodes 1-3, but that he wanted to be unique some how and the purple lightsaber was the unique factor. There is not jedi-sith code based in Windu's saber, its just purple because the actor wanted to be a unique character.

Archived