Home

Hoth Rebel Skins,...

HapSlash

well,... I'm getting close to finishing these up. I still have to do some touching up here and there, but it shouldn't be too much work, I hope,...

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/skined-hothpic.jpg

Oh, and for those of you who want to know. The Bespin Luke skin is done to my satisfaction. There are a few things I'm not happy with regarding the way it looks in game. But these are solely atributed to the extreamely crappy lighting techniques that the game utilizes. I've decided to let it be for the time being and wait until it becomes possible to alter the models to my satisfaction.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've made some progress mostly tweaking what I'd done before, and dabbling with a few new skins. I've started a total of 5 hoth rebel skins, all based off of the same model.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/hothheads1.jpg

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/hothfronts1.jpg

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/hothbacks1.jpg

From left to right are:

Hoth Rebel Officer

Hoth Rebel Soldier

Hoth Rebel Trooper

Luke Skywalker

Han Solo

The soldier and officer skins aren't nearly as refined as the others, and still lack a lot of detail. The closest one to being done is the Hoth Rebel Trooper, which is also the one I'm most proud of.

A lot of the models are missing parts that would make them whole, (Han's hood, Luke's scarf, the rebel troopers backpack,...) I wish I could do something about it, but these will have to do until someone comes up with better models.

Hey, it's better than nothing!

Man, you are way too modest, these are great!!! Since clothes are fairly universal on all the models, maybe you can do some without the headgear? Perhaps a General Rieekeen skin? :)

Keep up the good work!

BradFu!

I originally started with the galak model, but after working with it a while thought that there would probably be more demand for basic troopers rather than the generals. I might do one or two skins without the hats, just so people can get a little variety.

That tutorial is coming,... I'm recording my progress and writing down my thoughts & techniques as I make these Hoth rebel skins.

Glad you brought up the idea about the snowy beard, believe it or not it never even occurred to be to put those details in until you mentioned it.

The skins look fantastic. Any idea when you'll be releasing them? As for the snowy beard, its not a bad idea, but I'd suggest that if you're going to do it, try not to overdo it. Having a beard, or eyebrow heavily caked with ice or snow would look a bit over-dramatic. Maybe you can release 2 versions of the Hoth Rebel Skin.

One version could have the Rebels as they are now...no snow. (The snowless Hoth rebels skin would also be a blessing for those of us who want to convert these skins into the SP game. For instance, I'd replace some of the rebels skins in a couple of the levels with these Hoth fighters, but it would look a bit weird if they had snow on 'em... especially on the Yavin level. :) )

The 2nd version would have the Hoth Rebels with snow in their beards, on their clothes, etc.

Its just a thought. I can't wait to download them. Good job! :)

very cool. great work. consider making snow caught in any of thier facial hair and hat fuzz? that would be a cool one to play outside with. anywho, maybe i'll make a hoth level, ive been playing with that idea for a while, aw what the heck. dont' look for it soon on the forums, seeing that i have some modeling to finish, but i think i may actually do it! :D great job by the way, very impressive skins.

Originally posted by Angry Sandwich

Antilles, you made the AT-AT model (prefab)?!?! Damn, you did a nice job! :)

Yep. Thanks. I usually go online by the name of Agent007, but someone took my name here. ;):D

Anyway, I'd like to see a nice hoth level made using my ATAT. :)

It it's really good, I wouldn't mind making some more prefabs for it. (turrets, etc)

I posted a big long message in the forum yesterday morning, but I guess it got lost in the shuffle,....

I'm pretty much done with the skins, just a few more details then I'll start testing them in-game. Which in itself will lead to more tweaking and touch up work. I wouldn't look for it to take too much longer now.

I just wish there was a nice CTF hoth level to play these on! With some trenches and heavy firepower. Lots of snowtroopers(someone needs to make a model now!!) AtAts AtSts Ion cannons, shuttles ready to leave... some of the atmoshere of eco base in short.

You only miss princess Leia! You could contact the maker of the model and show him your work and ask if he can send u the model and maps. Otherwise wait for it to come out. ;)

tump...... tump......tump.......tump......

hehe

Thanks, They're coming around rather nicely and I hope to have them finished before too long.

I made a layout of a basic design for a level that I think could be fun. Problem is I've never made one before. I know someone who's done some level editing for DF2:JK but not a lot.

I have a little image of the layout if anyone wants to see it,....

Archived