Home

The Jedi Acadamy

Aylnon

Damn, it's a good thing we finally got our database access, which means we can finally post the final version of the site (as soon as nerfyoda is done)... if not, it seems we'd be out of business before we start :)

-massadoobie

Site Emperor (nerfyoda is my Vader/Dooku/Maul... i just hope we both don't die), Jedi Academy

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOW LONG TILL WE CAN SIGN UP AS TECHERS. AS ME AND MY PADAWAN (DARTH KAAN) WANT TO BE RECOGNISED IN THE GREAT HALLS OF THE JEDI ACAD. PLZ POST SOON WITH REPLY. PLUS BEGGAR ARE YOU AND YOUR PADAWAN WILLING TO GO TWO ON TWO. PAD V PAD, MASTER V MASTRE REPLY IN THIS THREAD SOON.

I, the newbie, request a teacher, for i want to learn the skills of the jedi. I will take anyone who is good, and offers to take me, as a padawan. I Will respect the jedi who takes me as padawan, and i hope one day, to become as good as my master...

any takers? lol

my msn is : my_name_is_james_hardy@hotmail.com

obviusly my email too. lol. not to sound obnoxius or nythin.:fett:

It's probably just me, but is anyone else reading slight BDSM type undertones into all of this? . . . No didn't think so . . . Guess it's just me then . . . Hey, why are you all looking at me funny like that?

Seriously, though, this sounds really cool. I'll definately be signing up to be a padawan at the first chance I get. I consider myself a fair saberist but I need help in the correct use of combos and special moves as I tend to be a rather stick and jab/jousting type technique interspersed with the use of kick or push/pull when the opportunity presents itself. My skills are severely lacking in the dark side powers and I need some instruction on the correct uses of the heavy and light stances.

Overall I can't wait for the Jedi Academy to get rolling. I look forward to the chance to be able to improve my skill under the watchful eye of an experienced Master.

Kal-El, there are obvious differences in skill levels between players. Some people have amazing natural abilities in a game and some, picking up the little nuances faster than anyone else. These people are always a step ahead of people and are always a tad bit better in games. There are also people who have massive amounts of time to simply play a game and learn all there is to learn about the game's mechanics. These people can help those people who have no real natural ability at games and don't have the time to play for long periods of time but wish to improve their skill levels. Those are the people that I would define as "masters". Their skill level is above that of the general player. They have achieved a higher degree of mastery over this game than other players.

And also, how long would you say a game has to be out for there to be "masters"? A game's popularity can last for a short window, maybe less than a year, less than six months even. Will there be no "masters" for such a game? Can there only be "masters" for games with such longeivity as Tribes, Half-Life, Starcraft, or any other of the games that have sustained popularity? What would you define as a "master" of a game?

just a general response, but more specifically geared towards w/bdragon's message... we're not going to be doing the "real" star wars system of padawan/master... there are gonna be WAY too many "padawan's" to have a 1:1 student/teacher ratio... instead we'll be running classes, limited to a certain number that's small enough so that the trainer can help the student one on one, but also teach more than one person at a time. also, we call our trainers trainers (or instructors), not masters... just doesn't seem to fit a computer game, ya know? anyway, we're so close to opening we can taste it...

Heh it's funny we've already gotten a few applications. I didn't know so may people knew the damn site existed. To all those who have applied (and I'll reply to each individual application I got personally): you were filling out my test application submission, looks just like the real thing.. was just making sure it worked on the jkii.net server. :) Look toward this week sometime!

I cant afford to take long periods of time each day to learn,because of my irregullar and sporatic schedule. However; I would GREATLY appreciate a temporary master. I would like to learn all I can whenever I can. Is anyone willing to take up the job of teaching a padawan the ways of the force in 1 - 2 weeks. This difficult task may only be for the wisest of masters.

P.S. I am tempted towards both sides of the force, but am being pulled in the ways of the dark arts at the moment.:lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning

Consider me "in"...I'm quite looking forward to this.

I'm not that great at PvP because I refuse to stoop to the "cheap" tactics, and haven't quite figured out how to counter their constant use ;)

But more than anything, I look at this as something new to do with JKII:JO. Anytime you can come up with a new way to play a game, that's only going to be a good thing :D

It gets kinda tiring running around doing multiple deathmatch-type games, it'll be nice to have a chance to do something more relaxed.

Well, added to this starwars theme, I think if I participate in this It will be like the shaolin temple...and we'll each have our own Sifu...hahahhaha...and then the padawans could have like..weekly..or monthly tournaments where they get promoted into a higher level course...makes sense right?

Archived