Home

Best Civ

From the original game I like the Alliance, especially their :sspeeder: I never build any normal mech destroyers with them however I don't need a farming bonus I usually try to capture a lot of nerves/ bantha's in the beginning of a game so I get enough food without spending workers on it so I can use them elsewhere. but now I'd say the Republic they get all the aircraft upgrades (+ the air cruiser boost is for them only) and all the jedi upgrades (+ sight beyond sight for them only) and all the trooper upgrades (+ cloners so troopers come out real fast) and an aditional bonus for the food rate increase in the animal nursery and the get the senate hub wich gives the fortress better range and los as well as better attack against troopers, mechs, hvy weapons and aircraft. Wich are usually the only forces somebody uses when attacking your base.

actually the best civilization is going to depend entirely on how you play the game. for me, it would have to be the trade federation. even though they do have a carbon penalty, after fifteen minutes of game time i already have an exhorbitant amount of carbon and am usually selling it by about the forty minute mark(because of all the research in the market first). also, if you look at the bonuses at the market, you could never run out of what you need... I always have about twenty thousand combined food and carbon that just sits there... why not sell it? and ultimately, the destroyer droid is unmatched in the original game... make sure you have AA support with them and maybe some long range units and there unstoppable(keep in mind that in CC an air cruiser could do a lot of damage to a group of destroyer droids). well, i hope this helps you out.

I have to agree with cowpigman3. Although his reasoning was a little crude, it is accurate.

The Galactic Empire has the greatest mechs (plus the new anti-air upgrade for the AT-AT, negating the need for anti-air troopers and AT-AAs) making them THE dominant force on the ground. Their heavy weapons, while not up to par with the Wookies, are sufficient to take out buildings at a fairly quick rate, and with their supreme mechs this process is expedited. Additionally, altered bargains becomes huge in longer games when resources have been mined out. Their air force, while meek, is cheap and quick to build. Their Navy is average, but who really cares when the land is the seat of power. Their Sith are much better than the Trade Federation, and quite useful in a support role.

All in all, the GE is extremely well rounded with some totally sweet mechs.

However, this is all subject to each individual style of play.

Thanks for playing, Peace out...

The AT-AT's are powerful, but I hardly think they negate the need for anti-air, especially depending on the opponent. Shielded/armours fighters will shread the Empires air support and cost much less than AT-ATs. In addition, since Assaults have minimum ranges, it only takes a couple bombers or snow speeders to demolish the AT-ATs once they get closer than their minimum range. Besides, the AT-AT's don't fire fast and their blasts are relatively easy to avoid; they're lasers aren't guided after all. I'd say AT-ATs might work well as AA support, but I'd hardly say they replace them.

Kryllith

Thanks for the feedback Kryllith. However, I still think the improved AT-ATs in Clone Campaigns really bolster the GE. The strategy I use is to group 8-12 AT-ATs with a slew of the GEs cheap fighters. The walker research upgrade decreases their minimum range and gives them anti-air capability. A bomber inside of one's minimum range will still be in range of the others... plus the GEs cheap, quickly replaceable fighters add a little extra help in the skies. Hands down, AT-ATs are the masters of the land and the AT-STs are phenominal at taking out mechs. The only thing I have really ever had a problem against with this strategy is those damn Gungans with their Faamba shield generators.

I'm still stickin by my guns and sayin the GE is the best race.

Thanks for Playing... Peace Out

Oh, I agree, the AT-ATs are undeniably the best mechs around... heck they were even before they got the anti-air boost. :) Now if you're supporting them with air then yes, they are going to be a lot more effective. A squadron of rebel fighters and speeders can still cause problems of course, but against other civs you should have a fair bit of success (though if your opponent micromanages a fair bit he/she can bring them down by eliminating the fighter threat then making strafing runs with bombers... it's time consuming, but it works because of the air manueverability over assault mechs...) I've wiped out whole civs with 4 or 5 AT-ATs and perhaps a dozen fighters, so tossing 7 or 8 more AT-ATs in should definitely liven things up... provided you can get them all out and about before someone hits you with fighters and speeders ;)

Kryllith

The one really dangerous thing about the newly upgraded AT-ATs is that the GE paired with (I hate to admit it) the Gungans can be literally unstoppable. A sizeable group of AT-ATs with the cheap GE fighter support bolstered by Faamba shields cannot be stopped. Shielded GE fighters and AT-ATs... *shudder*. Plus, the Gungans control the seas, so not even water can save you from an AT-AT attack. I have yet to find a civ or alliance of civs that could stop this. Although this is a little off topic for this string, I would appreciate feedback on this.

What's even better is if you toss in a couple medics as well, since the Fambaa and the fighters/bombers can all be healed. :) As for opposing forces... well if you're using 2 civs, I recommend your opponent definitely have Rebels as one of the opposing forces. Assaults are enough of a pain to take out and shielded assaults are worse. Gotta have that high damage potential to cut through the shields and the manueverability of the air surpasses that of the mech destroyers. As for a team... well I'll make the assumption that we're using completly different civs so I can't team up with gungans. I'd probably play something with strong jedis (course the rebels are decent here so I may not need to) since they can convert units like the fambaas or AT-ATs. I might play the TF too since massed HHD can wreck havoc on just about anything on the ground and they have some manueverability as well.

Kryllith

Archived