Home

Error trying to build a model in Assimilate..

jibe

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same error when trying to build my .car file in Assimilate. Of course I have to keep clicking on the B button quickly enough to see the message since it disappears right away. Any ideas?

Also, spacermonkies otherwise helpful tutorial leaves out some important details in the assimilate section, such as changing the file locations in preferences. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Yeah I've been getting this problem I haven't even started on a new model yet I've just been trying to understand the process.

Other problems I've had just involved modifying the preferences but this error message just doesn't tell you what's wrong!!!!

Somebody pls help

Jedi boike

I've had this problem also. My solution was to steal one of the .car files from the models supplied by raven, edit the file to suit my own needs, and then run carcass manually from the command prompt. It's a huge pain in the ass, but it's the best solution I could come up with. Hopefully someone else knows what's up and how to get through this properly. Hope this helps.

Help those that help themselves!

I found a thread at http://64.246.44.70/~lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59868 that solved the problem. Take a look there.

Also, when you solve one problem, you discover two more. When I hit B in assimilate now, I get this error:

Processing 'c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/root.xsi

XSI import failed, code = 12

(file 'c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/root.XSI')

Thanks for the info. Code 12 is VERY serious. WHAT THE FRELL IS CODE 12??!@

If I use softimage XSI importer (as opposed to the one supplied by Raven), I get this error:

Processing 'c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/root.xsi'

Processing meshes, LOD 0

Error: Vert (1) on mesh "Stupidtriangle_off" has no weights.

When I first saw that last message, I thought "Oh yeah, oops." The tutorial didn't mention that one in the weighting section. But after I weighted it, I got the same error. Any ideas?:confused:

I had a similar problem, weighted something but it did as if not. when you move the pelvis, does the stupitrinagle_off move with it. if not, i had the same prob. In the editablel mesh window no typ (vertex, line, face etc.) musst be activ.

I hope this helps you.

thanks for your help. are you german? he he. Let me see how much I understood.

weighted something but it did as if not.

you weighted something but the program told you that the particular mesh was not weighted?

when you move the pelvis, does the stupitrinagle_off move with it.

I should have tried that......I will.

In the editablel mesh window no typ (vertex, line, face etc.) musst be activ. __________________________________________________

huh? the editable mesh window must be active? or "no type" (vertex, line, face etc.) must be active in the editable mesh window? or what? I'm not sure what this means. If you could clarify this for me, I would be very grateful..........thanks!

If I am german? close but you missed it!

What i was thinking of was, there is a list of applied modifiers on the right. Normaly the modifier at the buttom is a editable something (mesh or whatever). in this modifier are different types to check (vertex, line, face). When you are in ex. vertex mode, to move them, in the modifier list right of every modifier upwards are signs, for verteces are it dots. there should be none. that means toggle of vertex mode in editable mesh. None should be active.

I hope i made it clear now, or next time i sent you pic of it.

LOL! your english is much better this time duncan. I figured out what you were talking about because several meshes did have vertex selected under "edit mesh".

I finally got the model to export to .glm in assimilate. I had to de-select all those vertex modes, and make sure every vertex was assigned. When all is said and done, it seems like luck more than anything when it finally exports.

now I have all the correct files zipped up, with the correct folders, and with it renamed to the pk3 extension. My icon shows up in player setup, BUT MY MODEL DOESN'T SHOW UP IN THE GAME!!! I can see my icon blip from my icon to the bespin model icon when the multiplayer game loads up, and my model ends up being the bespin guy.

I wonder if other modelers run into the same problems----!! I would prefer a crash with a message over this autoswitch crap.

Thx alaris for your comliment, i improve my english, or i hope i do.

I remember encoutered something simmilar, when i tryed to get an downloaded skin in game. chosed the new model but got anotherone.

First, are all files in the model folder exactly named and corrected to your model. the structure musst be the same. the model also musst have a unique name in the hole game.

Did you load your model into the modviewer from the Raven pack, if it doesnt work something is missing.

Also you get an errormessage in the game, when you try to load your model. its in the dialog, where you can enter chaets.

try to imitate the other models in folder structure.

dont lose your patience, i am working also on a model (Jabba's palace guards) and have a problem with the left hand. it is not where it has to be.

Duncan---I finally got my model to show up. I am a retard! I copied over my images that had the correct sizing (128, 256, 512, etc.). Also, the stupid skin files refer to tga images, though the images are actually jpegs. It took me a while to notice that. After that, the model shows up now----what a sense of satisfaction!

I still have some weighting issues though. I am also having a problem with the left arm---the whole back side is missing! It was deforming strangely before, but after reweighting it, the whole back side is gone! It looks weird cause you can see the front side's textures from the back.

Anywho, thanks for the encouragement (can get very discouraging). I should probably stop with my personal slang since you're learning english, he he. I'll post some images as soon as I weight it properly (one of the longer processes).

I had the same problem wiht my l_arm. the texture on this mesh in game is inside the mesh not outside. it looks strange in game. its easy to fix, chose l_arm and go to face in the editable mesh modifier and activate that mode. select in that mode all faces of th l_arm. the click on flip in the modifier outroll of faces. the mesh should now look like in game bevor. In game it will be ok now.

By the way my Gamorrean is ready for beta relese. i will load it up and hope that many people will help my find the rest of the hiden clipping bugs. it would be nice if you take a look at it, as i hope to see your model.

Archived