Home

MP levels in SP play

Elegy

I found out today that in the middle of a single player game, if you go into the console and type in map ffa_yavin it'll load the MP map and you can run around inside it even though you're in single player mode. Completely useless, I know since you can't fight anything. So I typed in the notarget cheat and began to spawn a bunch of stormtroopers, reborns, rodians, etc. all around the map. At the center of the arena I threw in Desann and Tavion. Then I typed in notarget again after I was done positioning all my enemies, and had a little fight-fest. I've been doing this all day, loading up some of the various MP maps I have, using the notarget command so that the enemies won't blast me as I position them, and once I'm ready I turn off the notarget command and blast away. Loads of fun, it's ALMOST as though you're making your own little level to play.

So far I've tried two different maps that were usermade that I downloaded. Neither one would load in single player it told me it was unable to find a spawn point. So I've mainly stuck to the maps that came with the game when I screwed around with this. So I'm not sure about the bot support thing. I guess the whole thing is rather moot anyways since it won't let me enter the custom MP maps like that. Just the LucasArts ones which all have bot support by default.

A clonewar sounds cool. Too bad we can't add in a few clones and battle droids lol.

Archived