Home

Vader body finally finished! (wip)

nls

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oobedoob, I was going to make custom animations for it, and also animate the cape(s) so they actually move like a capes. So when he runs the inner cape should stay behind him. (If all goes according to plan) :)

yes, I'll be using softimage to animate it. I'll try my best, I definitely didn't want to use the default jk2 animations, or there'd be no point in making this model. My friend and I are also working on dark helmet from spaceballs :) I'll post a screenshot of that also.

hey you all need to watch yourselves. You even have a Vader model right now because of Sith. Keep in mind that his was one of the first models released for jk2, period. it was a learning process for him.

All nls did to do is read a tutorial and ask some questions, but Sithlord was one of the ones who actually deciphered the process of getting these models in-game. We know how to put models into JK2 because of work and experimentation he did.

This model is turning out very nicely, but do not disrespect the amount of effort and time Sithlord put into creating his model for the community. If not for him, you wouldn't have ANY Vader to play with yet.

So stop with the "this is gonna kick the current model's ass" crap. Its ridiculous and childish, since even nls turned to Sithlord at one point or another for help.

-Abs

I'm totally behind you on that one, Absath but I also think its not 'cool' to knock people for making another model even if one has allready be released. I use SithLords and I thinks its a sweet model, and I'm very thankfull, because with out the peps on this forum who model/skin/anamate/code/lvl design, the game would die.

heh well i came back in and saw that post from abs -

i do agree with alot of what was said, but i dont feel that way about NLS/kartoon - he's working away at it on his own, nonetheless, he and i have been in touch, and i am glad to help out others when i can, but he also helped me out in the creation of my vader. I could have used his helmet as well, which was, really, a more faithful rendition of vader's helm but i wanted to try and have as much of the model to be my own work as possible.

NLS hasn't just read a tutorial, though, he has been working on this stuff as long as i have almost, not sure about what he's picked up on the importation process, as i haven't been in touch with him in a while - if he can in fact create his own animations that will be a *BIG* contribution to the community. I will definitely be first in line to get my hands on a tutorial or otherwise for that one.

but anyways, i know there will be comparisons between models based on the same character (IE. after these, the multitude of Vaders, Fetts, etc that we will be seeing eventually), but regardless i would prefer not to hear "THAT MODEL SUCKS" or "THAT ONE KICKS THE OTHER'S ASS", regardless of which is better, because i know mine is!!

FA!

;)

heheheheheheh

all in good spirit, guys, i'd like for our little modeling community here to be on the level and willing to share, it will help us all get better at what we are doing

sithlord-ii

Originally posted by Oobedoob Benobi

It looks great! The only problem I can think of is when he is running in the game won't his foot go through the cape? You might want to move the cape back a bit more just so that doesn't happen or to lessen the effect.

wut r u talkngi about, darh vader doesnt run, lol. im gonna be holding don shift the hwhole time i use this model

Archived