Home

the player's solution

Lime-Light

Dont like the way a player is playing? Think they are spamming a move? Leave. There a plenty of servers with respectable players on them.

If a guy pull/backstabs me to death, I just leave. I dont have to beat him, because I know I'm better than him anyway, I dont have to abuse a bug to win. Better yet, host your own server, and if someone acts like a jerk, kick him!

LL, I'll add my thoughts on this.

When someone is spamming a move, *I* don't leave. I find it much more enjoyable to try and beat the crap outta them.

Leaving essentially bolsters their opinion of themselves as being an 'elite' player. Additionally, it doesn't say much about the player leaving, since they are/were unwilling to WORK for their frags.

Personally, I enjoy knocking 'em down a notch or three.

When you get right down to it, people play this game because of the satisfaction derived from well executed frag. Now, that might mean that the same player(s) will be at the bottom of the leaderboard, but so what?

If someone chooses to play using so called 'cheap' moves, that's their perogative. It's also a person's perogative to leave a server, if they feel that the game play is lacking.

My approach is to view tactics such as the aforementioned as a direct challenge. I personally will not leave because a person repeatedly kills me with the same move. Doing so would lead to my having to accept that I am not up to the challenge.

Instead of dropping, or running your own server in a draconion fashion, wouldn't it be much more satisfying to defeat a 'spammer' WITHOUT having to resort to the same lame moves? I know that *I* get a rush out of doing just that.

BTW, this isn't meant to belittle your postion. I know where you're coming from on this, and respect it. Early on, I felt the same as you, but I moved on from that....

Tek

aka

Stealthy cow

Archived