Home

Newbie Questions: Any help?

Lord Jxx

I bought JKII on the day it was released, but haven't started playing til the last week or two and I have a few questions. (Please note I do not have the newest patch yet)

Lightsabre battles tends to be very random, how do you consistantly win those battles? Is there a trick to it?

I downloaded the Janga/Boba skins (really cool!) but in a bot match everyone else seems to be the same skin as I am, is there any way to fix that? I don't want to be Janga fighting Janga.

I have a network in my house, how come the downloaded skins appear different on the screens? I'm Boba, but appear as someone else of the other computers. What's the point to have a cool Darth Maul skin, if no one else sees the cools skin?

DFA, I read where people are complaining about DFA being nerfed, what is DFA? (Probably a dumb question)

I mostly use: Grip, Pull,Push,Speed and jump (of course) which force powers should I be using?

1. You beat the enemy

2. Direct the bot to be someone else?

3. The point is for you to see it. The other computer can't see it because he probably doesn't have it downloaded.

4. Death from above, red stance move, one shot kill, it's mobility was removed in the 1.03 patch. You do it by pressing forward+attack+jump, however you have to hold the attack button.

5. You are a dark force user, I pity your poor soul. Lightside owns.

Originally posted by Lord Jxx

I have a network in my house, how come the downloaded skins appear different on the screens? I'm Boba, but appear as someone else of the other computers. What's the point to have a cool Darth Maul skin, if no one else sees the cools skin?

DFA, I read where people are complaining about DFA being nerfed, what is DFA? (Probably a dumb question)

I mostly use: Grip, Pull,Push,Speed and jump (of course) which force powers should I be using?

That's why skins suck. They don't really do anything. If you want to change your character, go with a model. DFA is short for Death From Above. It's this one-hit move that you can do with the heavy style. One-hit kills the person. I think that you should just keep it to the basic force powers if you are playing online in a duel. Maybe take out grip and add in saber throw.

Welcome to the JK2 community dude.. I'll answer as best I can..

1. you need to practice with the 3 styles (light, medium, heavy) to get used to their basic swings and special moves and their timing.. when you go into a duel server spend time spectating other players, especially the ones whoopin arss..

2. not sure

3. you need to have the same skins etc on each puter I think

4. Kal explained that one.. still a pretty effective move though and worth mastering.. at the very least a good DFA slice will knock your opponent's health down drastically

5. experiment with them and find what works best for you.. I tend to agree with Kal though.. light is better simply because of Absorb.. it is a super useful power which nullifies the dark side very nicely.. I use jump, push, pull, speed, absorb, and sabre stuff depending on force points available.. keep ni mind some duel servers have no force powers available except for jump.. then you'll have to rely on sabre skills..

I bought JKII on the day it was released, but haven't started playing til the last week or two and I have a few questions. (Please note I do not have the newest patch yet)

Lightsabre battles tends to be very random, how do you consistantly win those battles? Is there a trick to it?

I downloaded the Janga/Boba skins (really cool!) but in a bot match everyone else seems to be the same skin as I am, is there any way to fix that? I don't want to be Janga fighting Janga.

1-The "swing and hit something" part is not random, it's the "swing and hit a blocking saber or hit flesh" part that seems more random than anything. Due to increased blocking in the new patch you will see more sparks and blocked swings than actual "clean hits".

2-Turn off "Force Player Models" in the options menu if everyone in the server has the same skin/model as you.

3-The "Other persons screen" is a separate client, if they don't have the skin in their base folder, they won't see your skin.

4-Switch to red stance (press L) run forwards, hit attack. As soon as your saber starts to clear your head (the swing animation) hit jump (while still holding attack and forward down). You will do a jumping overhead lunge, referred to as DFA, or Death From Above.

5-In v1.03 Absorb/Protect/Push/Pull/Jump all maxed out.

This will keep you on your feet from other players trying to knock you down, protect you from backstabs, and allow you to kick people to death.

In v1.03 the Dark Side is very weak. :(:rhett::lightning

While I won't go into the other points, I will say that you should avoid the patch like a bad habit. If you think for a second that things seem random as it is, wait until you hit someone in the back with red stance only to be blocked, it isn't pleasent.

If you ever want some lesons, come by nuclearfallout.net | Saber Only 1.02 and I will be happy to help if I'm not to busy playing or admining.

Archived