Home

RGB sabers beta !

Tchouky

well if you didn't actually get this :

WE CAN'T CREATE ANY MOD FOR SINGLE PLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beacuse the sp sdk isn't released and will never be ....

So you can forgett ALL SP mods !!!

except replacement models and new maps but we can't call this a mod .....

any other sugestions ??

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is no room for the sliding bars and the other info there ...

sorry i m not sily enought to want to recreate the menu entirely .....

(creating menus are very very anoying .....)

i ll see what i can do but ....

I downloaded it, installed it into "gamedata" and ran the batch file but it comes up eith this error:

"recursive error after: User Interface is version 7, expected 6"

this also happen if i select tck from the "mods" screen.

do you have any idea why?

Alright, after extensive testing (playing) I've come to the realization that the "puffer saber" effect actually doesn't have anything to do with bots, or their vicinity.

It happens when certain objects (I haven't determined what, yet, it's not just pickups and bots, but those are included) are in the view of the player.

Try playing a level like "Temple Tournament" or "Star Destroyer," and just run around with no bots...

And I took your advice, and set up all my saber info and stuff before the game, then when that didn't work-during the game, and still...to no avail.

But otherwise, I think all the menues are great, and the visualization thing is fine...(though maybe if it wasn't transparent it would be more accurate...?)

Anyway, you're doing an excellent job!

-TIE

i don't know if you already downloaded it because it was available since 6 hours on my ftp but here it is :

new menu the old saber selection won't show up if the customs sabers are ON and the sliding bars won't if it's off...

and there is a new server command :

g_enabledoublesaber 1

that allows the players to have the double bladed saber without cheats....

Well, reinstalling does not work, I also do not own a warez version. Why shouldn't I support them for creating such an asskicking game? :D

But thanks anyway,with your mod I can finally use a white saber. And if I think about it I never wanted more than just a plain white saber, so thanks again Mr Tchouky, it was really worth the effort!

Hm... something very strange happened. When I reinstalled you newest version, it worked perfectly for my saber on my own server. The bots still had their own sabers. But when I tried it on an online server, where I can use custom skins and other modifications it did not work at all... hum... no I am really confused. :D

And btw. the preview bar is very close to the color, the saber will have...

Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie

Hm... something very strange happened. When I reinstalled you newest version, it worked perfectly for my saber on my own server. The bots still had their own sabers. But when I tried it on an online server, where I can use custom skins and other modifications it did not work at all... hum... no I am really confused. :D

And btw. the preview bar is very close to the color, the saber will have...

if the server hasn't the mod (MY MOD)

you can't use it ....

well it like if you wanted to play counter-strike on a halflife only server ......

it 's a REAL mod ! you can't combine it with the others.....

if an online server actually donwload and install the mod you will be able to connect the server and have your sabers.....

but also all the non mod user won't be able to connect ....

Ah well, got that... :D

But fighting bots sucks, they are way too dumb, I prefer to own online servers :D

As on of your older versions lets me have a white sabertrail I can replace the sprites of a saber and have a white saber on a server, that does not use the mod, cool heh? :D

So I think thats's even more asskicking than having a pink saber in a bot game... :D

Well then, thanks for you effort once again :D

I recognized that I use smilies way too often... :rolleyes:

Wow! This mod is really great! I was trying to do this also. Would it be ok if I were to implement the source code into my mod, JK2: The Fan's Version.

One improvement could be to make your new gui where the old saber color selection was. Make it easier for newbs and easier to get to.

I've tried typing in the g_enabledoublesaber 1 and g_botdoublesaber 1 and nothing seems to happen. Why doesn't the bots get their doublesided lightsabers? Is it only the original models that can use the doublesided lightsabers or is their something special you have to do for custom skins your download?

for the moment the only bots that have a double saber are :

desann

shadowtrooper

jeditrainer

open the pk3 and the bots.txt file .....

if you want to give a bot a colored saber type :

tck_saberred x

tck_sabergreen x

tck_saberblue x

and if you want the bot to have a double bladed saber put :

tck_doublesaber 1

Archived