Home

Black Lightsaber

Guest GrandMaster

Guest GrandMaster

I am trying to download the black lightsaber mod, but since the files section is down.. I cant. Does anyone know of an alternate site where I can download from? or if you have it, please send it to me at krow167@yahoo.com. Ive been looking for like half an hour and I cant find any.

thanks for your help

oh by the way, how do you turn dismemberments on in multiplayer games?

Originally posted by MIRAGE =FFL=

danny...you can stop talking now...

OUCH! I just got pwnd. :( AH-HA-AH-HA :D:eyeraise::thumbsup::wavey::nut:

Did that make too much sense? Black is the absense of light. Let's put this together. You want a lightsaber that does NOT emit light? Hrm... What are you going to do? Hit him with the hilt.

Originally posted by ShockV1.89

Wow, guys, its a game. To be perfectly technical, the "force" isnt exactly real either, but nobody complains. Realism and star wars dont belong in the same sentence.

ShockV1.89

May I dierct your attention over to this post?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59043

We're debating this right now...

Wow, guys, its a game. To be perfectly technical, the "force" isnt exactly real either, but nobody complains. Realism and star wars dont belong in the same sentence

The FORCE does exist! I can Feel it! it is my Destiny!!!!!

:slsaber:

In the movies, technically, anything is possible as long as George can put it on screen. But we're talking about an EU game here... which the movies have no bearing on.

If a black lightsaber threatens your beliefs, then by all means, don't download it. Frankly, I'd like to try it out... ; )

To start, I heard somewhere that lightsabers are actually producing a metal thing inside, in the middle. The light (or plasma) then forms a kind of curve over it from all angles so you can't see the metal. The light curves and goes back into the saber, like those flouroscent bulbs you see. I'm not an expert, but that makes more sense considering the lightsaber doesn't cut through everything. How would lightsabers block other lightsabers then or engage in a lock without the metal there. Maybe it's something realted to energy, same reason laser gets deflected when it hits it. Now sabers get deflected but being stronger, they don't curve back to kill the holder. But then in the movies, when the jedi hits the battle droids, (i'm thinking along the part in episode I where Obi-Wan was fighting the first set of droids with Qui-Gon), the saber didn't slice through the droids, it just whacked it like as if hit by a baseball bat. Initially I thought maybe it was just an error while making the movie, or maybe they were acting with droids that weren't computer generated so they couldn't just slice them. By the way, it's different when Obi-Wan sliced Darth Maul because the flesh probably gets burnt by the saber fast enough for a slice.

Anyway, I recall Qui-Gon trying to cut a hole to get to those trade federation guys before they closed more doors and caled in destroyer droids leading to the jedis' escape via force speed. If there was no metal in the saber but just pure light (plasma), then it wouldn't be as hard for Qui-Gon to cut through the door. It would be as easy as cutting air. Another reason i thought this was a better explanation of a lightsaber, was that if the lightsaber emitted just light (plasma), then if would be effortless to wield a lightsaber apart from the weight of the handle. Effectively, if a jedi holds the further end as the fulcrum and the close end as one end, he could make a lever system with the plasma carrying negligible weight such that he could make real fast strokes without having to fight as if holding a sword.

Well, I hope I wasn't talking rubbish there.

Therefore, a black lightsaber may not be that far fetched considering the technology of star wars, which is amusingly set in a time a long time ago. The light could be so concentrated or so focused, more than normal lightsabers, such that all the light or plasma curves back into the lightsaber. Unlike other lightsabers, no light will be allowed to reach the observer's eye and there it would appear black. With no escape of light, this kind of lightsaber would actually be more powerful that normal lightsabers.

If a black lightsaber threatens your beliefs, then by all means, don't download it. [/quote

What bothers me is that somebody would consider the idea of a black lightsaber a threat to any sort of belief. :rolleyes: [old man mode] Too much of that Star Trek, I say! [/old man mode]

ShockV1.89

Archived