Home

Mace Windu EpII Saber in progress

Lord Darkblade

to make things simple, select your saber and center it at 0,0,0.

then do the same with the tag, tag_flash (the blade)

just delete tag_parent, it wont be needed when your sabers at 0,0,0. Then move your saber up or down so that the xy axis is where you want the players top of his hand to be.

if it doesnt look good just move the saber up or down some more and recompile.

V!G, have you gotton your saber working yet? If you have do you think you could take a look at my tags and try to fix them. I am getting absolutly nowhere and I have a feeling it is in Milkshape. I imported Luke's saber from the assets0.pk3 file and exported it without touching a thing (I had to create the control file though, which I think might be where the problem is) and the saber dosn't work after exporting it. Any input would be greatly apreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS!!!! I have gotton the saber to look and work as I would like it to IN GAME!! :D

I either need somone to UVmap and skin the model or some tutorials on how to UVmap myself and then I will need a skinner.

Would some skinners with some good work and experiance please e-mail me some pics of their work if they are interested in skinning the saber.

E-mail me

P.S.

I have some goodies for you all...

shot0003.jpg

shot0004.jpg

shot0005.jpg

shot0006.jpg

I found that with Ultimate UnWrap3d that I can get the skin mesh but I can't export the mesh unless I buy the program (which is either $20 or $30)

If anybody owns this program could you please give me an e-mail and tell me if you would be interested in unwraping it for me. Otherwise I guess I will just buy it...

You should just buy it. Your saber model looks great, and i'm sure this isnt the last model your going to make, might as well make a small invesment in your hobby. 20-30, just think of it as another birthday present or something.

As for the B.M.F. if you do it like its supposed to be on the model, i say go for it, be as accurate as possible (if you can get some adequite ref. pics).

Originally posted by Lord Darkblade

I am going to test my skills at the Mace Windu saber from Episode II. Somthing I will need from the community (with all it's vast resources) is a bunch of reference pics of his saber in action, static, powered up, down whatever...anything with his saber in it I need. One other thing I might need is a skinner but I will ask when the time comes that I am ready to do so.

Thanks for all your help guys and if you need to send the pictures to me and can not post them here please send them to zcoldfusion@hotmail.com

I know a good address its

http://www.lightsaberworld.com

Hey just wanted to give you all another update on the model. The model is complete, the skin and mesh will be underway soon, and I have completed the stance icons so you see mace windu's saber there instead of kyle's and I also redid the weapon selection icon for when you are changing weapon so that mace windu's saber hilt is there as well.

~Lord Darkblade~

Archived