Home

Server only MOD, no more backstabbs!

NITEMARE

http://www.nitemares.de/philes/test0r.zip

THE answer to our current problem. unpack to gamedata, not base! and run your server with +set fs_game test0r

as parameter.

i've tested it today, finaly and it rocks! ok some glitches are new. raven did however not give us the original 1.03 code but an allready patched/changed (and not debugged)one. i just increased the damage of the red and yellow stance. all the other lovable changes were allready included. like nerfed backstabbs and stuff. now everything is more balanced.

but the gameplay is drasticaly improved. i can't however tell where it's going to develope. that takes a week or two until the elite players skill has advanced far enough to know what's it worth and if it should be changed. but it sure brought me the fun back to the game. now we can actually focus on saber fights again instead of dodging backstabbs...

Dude, you kick ass. Got to see your mod in action earlier on the Nice People Only server. Backstab didn't seem to do a whole crapload of damage unless your back was to the opponnent. Looks like things will be a bit tougher for those damned backstabbing whores.

heh i just taught a pro backstabber a lesson. he atempted several backspins and stabbs at me but never inflicted full damage. i stil had 84 hp, while i had two red stance strikes at him and he was at 34 hp from full health! and i let him do the math. finaly he saw for himself how tactics change now. the backspinns are not useless! but there are not many situations left for one to risk turning his back to the fight...

ok, i have a question (may be im doing something wrong), but is there a way to use this with the dedicated server. no matter what i try, i keep getting fs_game is read protected. i know it must be something with me.

btw is there documentation of -exactly- what this does? I'm finding more i like about it all the time but I'd like to know just what is going on. ;)

as to starting it... from the commandline!

eg jk2mp +set fs_game test0r

:cool:

hmm i dont know how to start a dedicated server with a mod to load. i'll ask my host how they did it. they have ded servers and it works fine. tho its no fun convincing the average player on our board to like it. i just explained everything to them and i hope they give it a try, like they did with ravens ****ty patches...

anyway its all in german and worthless for u guys.

rightnow im kinda tired of summing up the changes. the only thing i did is increasing the damage:

2-120 ---> 70-120

2-25 ----> 40-80

2-30 ---->20-30

for the generall 1.03a changes better check the coding forum. i have 2 well deveolping posts there with much info about stuff...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59131

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58965

somehow i got it to work with my dedicated. i dont know exactly. i tried putting it in the server config, and on the command line, and now it works. great mod man. i have it loaded without telling my players, and ive heard "how come you didn't die" when someone repeatedly does the backstabs.

Ok I think i have it running on my dedicated server I put the pk3 file in the base folder and started the game with the adeed command and seems t0o be working i had a guy just stand there and it took three trys with red stace to kill him. This is going to make the game a whol lot mor fun thanks for the work you put into this.

JiMn

The thing disables throws in duels which is upsetting to a lot of players.

Comments from those who dislike throwing will be ignored. I don't care if you think its better that way or "more of a challenge".

It also apparently conflicts with my dual-saber mod so I'm not happy about that, either.

The damage does not seem to be that much less.

heh dual saber mod, uhhh, don't wana fu.ck with that!

but there is no number for that man. like the normal strikes now the backstabbs and specials have this damage ramping system that prevents doing the same amount of damage during the animation. highest dmg is dealt just a the middle of it. however its not so much like before. for red stance its 2-30 but can hit multiple times. in the right spot it can kill since it does 90 damage, i think and if it hits the head the damage is probably higher, but i'm not sure about that. but there are other modifiere too, like nonjedi gets more damage as a master jedi and the master can deal more damage, the saber is also a reducing factor, when it's on lesser dmg. so please try not to make such comments like, it still does much damage or i killed one with 3 strikes! its possible that u get just a scrach or the wohle bunch of pain, noobs would call it russian roulette. and btw i killed once with one single red strike and the guy had full hp...

that 1.03a disables throw is good but i wouldn't notice anyway since my server has only jump besides the offense saber skill...

Okay I'm not sure if its something to doi with this mod, but jedivs merc mode is now broken on my server. When you run it the bit where you can choose to be a jedi or not works fine, but everyone gets thrown on to one team and you cannot join the other

All,

Jedi Runner does not officially support MOD's, however, you can setup a MOD server with JR with a little extra work.

1. Create your main server cfg as usual and export it.

2. Create your map cycle as usual and save it.

3. Export a batch file, open it and add +set fs_game test0r to the begining of the command line. Save it.

4. Close JR

5. Browse to your batch file located in your \GameData folder and double click it to launch the server.

Note: If there are any MOD specific cvars you can edit and add them to your server cfg.

Let me know if this works ok.

Look, I'm not criticizing, I'm just giving feedback.

You want all opinions, right?

In my opinion the damage needs to be slightly decreased.

I would like throwing in Duels back, since most of my players seem to want that, too.

As it is I may just remove it and go back to the dual saber mod many people seemed to enjoy. I'm still getting assfighters with this backstab mod...

i didn't mean to laugh at you Aerys. but this mod is not even worthy to be called a mod. just some tweaks at the damage system to make it more like 1.02 but not quite, it has a dynamic damage system which prevent doing full damage all the time. i made it just for my server to radicaly change the stupid gameplay. i cant understand why people would like to play with a gay dual saber, which is not supported and the anims look like suicide all the time(strikes your body). throw again is a force based damage dealer. the possible resulting gameplay is that some guys dont want to get in saberfights but just keep distance and run away if their force is low to recover it. i plan on allowing pushing and pulling again since it wont throw u down anymore, but first i have to test the current version to a certain extend, so i know what to change next...

Archived