Home

Trooper and Repeater Trooper. Seperate units?

Darth Windu

Well, what we could do is take out the Repeater upgrade and make the Repeater a whole new unit while giving infantry their final stage, an Adv. Trooper. They would be heavily armed and could pack a punch in large numbers. The repeater trooper ideas I agree with, but I'd like having to be able to still have a T4 strong trooper without a repeater!

I just thought of an awesome compromise...

Instead of an upgrade (as is) or a separate unit (as proposed in this thread) create an ability that can be researched in T4 that is "Repeater Mode" or something like that. This way you could or could not have a separate Adv. Trooper T4 upgrade (as has been proposed) depending on what you think. But the Repeater Mode ability would make it so that by clicking on an option on the heavy/adv. trooper he would dig in and whip out a repeater gun (ie current repeater upgrade). But, in this mode he couldn't move, only fire. But, when not on repeater mode, he could still move around and fire like a normal heavy/adv. trooper. Best of both worlds... The dig in/out time would be short (think seconds). Basically think GI from C&C:RA2. Lemme know what you guys think...

Peace Out...

I don't know. It seems like there would be some micromanagement involved and having two units makes some strategy. I also propose amking the art of the heavy trooper better than what it is now if they where to become seperate. As for Heavy trooper getting a bonus on mechs, it would make the mechs pointless unless you give just a slight bonus that is. Knowing Lucas Arts, they have problably abandoned the game or are making a patch and will abandon afterwords.

nel - excellent idea, congradulations. Actually, this had been very successfully implemented in 'Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2' where the allied GI can walk around and fire like normal, but then you can 'deploy' him and the GI gets slighly increased armour (think sandbags) and a higher attack/rate of fire/range but cant move. Of course the disadvantages here is that against artillery their toast (coz they cant run away) but also in RA2 tanks can crush infantry. But still, i think this would work terrifically in GB.

Yes.

I would love to have stronger, but slower repeater troops "dig in" and support a rush of regular troops.....for that matter, I'd also love to give troops the ability to make trenches for drawn out battles.

• 3 weeks later...

The repeater shouldn't be weaker than the heavy in any respect. Think of it as Repeater=M60 Machine gun and Heavy trooper=M16 rifleman.

The repeater should also have longer range than the heavy. They should be used to supress the enemy while the heavies advance. However they should be expensive and slow moving and there should be a couple of seconds to get ready(ESB in the hangar).

Maybe the game could be made so only a certain percent of your troopers can be repeater, say 10%

But I still think it should be a separate unit.

Archived