Home

MOTS secret level(?)

Guest Bonfire

Guest Bonfire

ok, i have read and followed the posted intructions to make the secret level to work, but yet, it still refuses to....

why? oh why can't i play Bespin.....

how do i get this to work, all the files have been made into the .goo format and all that other stuff,

please help!!!!!

your friendly neighbour hood Bonfire

Guest Boba Rhett

You put the goo files in the MotS Episode folder. Are you sure you did everything correctly? BTW the secret level is awsome smile.gif

Guest Garindan

I keep 4getting to check out that level!!! *goes off to check out the secret level*

oh, rhett, i checked out the level you made, pretty neat! I liked the stargate thing you did, it'd look better in blue though. biggrin.gif

Guest Garindan

ok, i tried the secret level, and i too can't get it to come up in the new level select thing. maybe i accidentally made it a gob...

Guest Garindan

LOL I did that already! It didn't work. I gave up. Can you show me how to make the view distance away from the player in 3rd person view? I need it for my AT-ST level...

Guest Zortron

Holy Smokes!

Hi There,

I thought my instructions were actually pretty good, you might have to slow down a bit and actually take time to read them. Follow each step carefully and don't skip any. If you are still having probs, just fire me an e-mail and I'll get the thing working for you...that's a promise.

Take Care,

Gary (Zortron)

Guest Garindan

hey, i know you, aren't you that guy from swrebellion.net???

I'll figure it out eventually. I've been busilty working on my some nice things 4 the level pack...

Guest Bonfire

ok, thanks for your help thus far, i'm slowly figuring this out, now here we go....

1)i assume that the episode.jkl file has to be "outside" (if you will) of the goo file as well as within it? i find that the game dose not recognize that anything is there, but if the episode file is "exposed", it will disply BESPIN on the episode menu in the game....i am so lost....

and 2) i think i am missing this extention.cog file, what ever that may be, so were would i find that?

thanks all,

your friendly neighbourhood Bonfire

I swear I've gotten it to work. But of course I didn't place any of the files into a Goo, just put them in a directory loose. However there is no reason why it should NOT work in Goo format.. did you try it with Patch Commander?

Kurgan

Guest Bonfire

patch commander? very intreging, but i don't see how that would work.

and i have never thought of trying them lose...

hmmm. i wonder...

thanks all..

Scratch that.. actually all PC would do is say "this is a level, it should go in episode" and then it will ask you if you want to put it in the episode folder.

But you can run it in a command line.. like so:

Put the Goo file into its own sub folder in the MotS directory. Then in a DOS box or at the run command prompt, type:

c:\MOTSFolderName\jkm.exe -path SecretLevel

Where "SecretLevel" is the name of the directory you put the Goo in.

Then it should load up with the file. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.. you shouldn't have to do that, it should be selectable from the menu after you select "Single Player" if you installed it correctly.

Btw, go ahead and upload the level and post a link.. if not, I will tomorrow when I get a chance.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited January 27, 2001).]

Guest Zortron

HI all,

Gee, you guys are having a hard time with that thing eh? Well here's a link to the secret level that I put together: http://pages.sprint.ca/3DGary/files/Bespin.zip

I have provided this file so that you can have a template to make your own. First, unzip it and stick it in your MotS/Episode directory. Run the game, select new game, select "MotS Secret Level", and have fun. All the cogs are working in this version but it hasn't been edited in Jed or anything like that (opening the file in Jed before trying to play it will ensure that it doesn't work without putting a lot of work into it ). Anyway, check it out, see where you have gone wrong, then have fun playing the game.

Take Care.

Gary (Zortron)

[This message has been edited by Zortron (edited January 27, 2001).]

Guest Darth_Chaos

Hey Bonfire you stole my Quit Message (or at least an old one)!!! ask next time please.

"your friendly neighbourhood Bonfire"

mine used to be

"Your friendly neighboorhood Sith Lord

Chaos" and now its:

Your Local Sith Lord

Chaos.

[This message has been edited by Darth_Chaos (edited January 29, 2001).]

Guest oninosensi

I didn't know about the secret level untill i saw this post, but i got it up and running in about 15 minutes following Zortron's instructions.

The level is sweet, although I think Boba Fett should have been a tougher opponent. And fighting on the catwalk was cool as well.

------------------

"I see", said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Guest Bonfire

sorry dude i had no idea it used to be yours, i thought i was just copying everyones favorite webslinger...i'm trying to come up with a better one but till then, i hope you don't mind me using it.

your friendly neighbourhood (^Bonfire^)

Guest Scepter

Neat level. I was getting bored and then I saw the action. Quite fun.

------------------

Jedi Master Scepter - The Other Who Brings Balance to the Force.

Guest Bonfire

well now i'm getting somewere....

i downloaded the level that Zortron put up, put it in the episodes and ran MOTS, to my painful displeasure the program still did not know it was there. I have no idea what to do next..perhaps i should reinstall...

your Friendly neighbourhood Bonfire

Guest Bonfire

the folder is the correct one and the file is deffinitly a goo file...*to those who have played the level*, does the secret level read from the cd?

Archived