Home

MOTS secret level(?)

Guest Bonfire

No, the Secret Level does not read from the CD. The zip file that contains the level is simply stored on it (UNSUPPORTED.ZIP).

It reads from your hard drive (Resource\Episode\ folder), just like any other addon level.

Kurgan

Guest Bonfire

hmm...well that limits my problems only one thing i can think of...

i don't have JK2, only MOTS, this is done (as i'm sure you know) by using a crack that fools the program into thinking that the MOTS cd is there. could this be what is hampering my ability to play this level?

your friendly neighbourhood Bonfire

Guest Zortron

Hi Bonfire,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the hidden level. The only other thing I can think of (if you have already followed the posted steps very carefully), is that you might just have too much junk in your MotS directory. Do you have all kinds of add-ons and mods on your system? If you have any other files related to the hidden level in your MotS subdirectories the game might not be loading the correct (.goo 'ed) version of the file). Another thing you can try (I haven't tried this) is to download my version of the level and use the patch commander to run it. I don't know if this will work but it might be worth a try.

Anyway, let us know if you have any luck.

Take Care,

Gary (Zortron)

Archived