Home

Editing Help

Guest OLJ_Chip43

Guest OLJ_Chip43

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place but I need some help with character editing..... Ok I want to make a guy that has like cyborg parts and whatever part is the cyborg I'd like to have it so a special move (i.e. legs jump higher, run faster) but I don't know how......any help would be nice

Guest Boba Rhett

Ok, for the cyborg parts are you actuallly wanting to change the character mesh or just make a new skin? And to get him to use his cyborgs parts,"running faster, jumping higher", would require just a little bit of tweaking in some cogs. Perhaps you could change the force powers to cybornetic special talents or something to that effect. If you are also wanting to change how the legs move when he jumps and runs you will need to edit some of the keys. Once you give me more info i'll be able to help more.

[This message has been edited by Boba Rhett (edited February 04, 2001).]

Guest OLJ_Chip43

I don't really want to change how the legs move I just wanna change the ability of them...I don't know which cogs I'd have to edit, or what to do when I find the right cog.... All I'm trying to do is add some new effects to the character...I have the guy made it's just a matter of some cog tweekin' that I don't know anything about...

You'll need to find the force Speed and Jump cogs too, as a reference.

As for skins, you can change that in the 3do file (use 3doViewer to see what you're doing). To edit the actual mesh, you'll need something like fun3do (which I prefer, even if it's obsolete) or JoKE, which can be found on dr0id's page.

Now, who has the URL?

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Guest Boba Rhett

I already looked at those cogs. I have the speed working fine but i'm having trouble getting it to jump higher. I tried having it in a pulse and check and see if the player flags were, "not connected to any surface" but that only works once then starts making him jump up and down over and over again. I think I can fix that by then having it check to see if he's connected to a surface. I'll tinker around with it later. Oh and i've always just used jed to edit the meshes. I don't really feel like trying to learn about joke. biggrin.gif

Archived