Home

Jedi Ranks

Fossil25

How do Jedis gain Ranks?

I'm not referring to the game and it's level of force...

I'm referring to what is required for a 'Jedi' to gain the status of Jedi from perhaps Padawan, and then to Knight, and to Master? I think to be out of the Padawan area requires some trials as far as I heard in the movies. What exactly are these trials and what about the higher Ranks?

I'm not sure but I think only those who read the books or did some research somewhere would know.

Ono! Ppl know something, clearly they have no life. :p

What I want to know is what does saber colors mean. I think theres some sort of meaning but i think heres what I know...

blue = padawn, but i can't tell if Obi1 has a blue or green saber in ANH, stupid VHS when are the Dvd's coming out?

green = master or knight, anyone?

red = sith aprentece, have we ever seen a sith master fight w/ a saber?

and i think purple means your Samuel L Jackson :eek:

Unfortunately most of their main theory was destroyed by the fact that Yoda uses a Green Saber...whoops. Mayby it's for Jedi who know they're going to face Sith, so they feel more festive and christmasy...

Think of it--Qui-Gon is a Jedi Master, so he might have seen that he would die at the hands of a Sith. Yoda is very old, and he may have faced Sith before (I mean he's almost as old as the Republic!!). Luke knew what color he was going after...

Let the christmas lightsaber theory reign!!!

Originally posted by SeraphimII

Ono! Ppl know something, clearly they have no life. :p

What I want to know is what does saber colors mean. I think theres some sort of meaning but i think heres what I know...

blue = padawn, but i can't tell if Obi1 has a blue or green saber in ANH, stupid VHS when are the Dvd's coming out?

green = master or knight, anyone?

red = sith aprentece, have we ever seen a sith master fight w/ a saber?

and i think purple means your Samuel L Jackson :eek:

blue = padawn ? didn't obi-wan have a blue saber in EPII ? and he was a knight, and anakin had a green saber through the last half of the movie and he is a padawn.

Can remember wat Obi's saber was. I think he had a blue at the fight w/ Dooku but he was just handed that saber.

Also that site was kinda intresting, but god I can't imagine writing all that. It also said the sabers were maufatured not made by the jedi.

Saber color has nothing to do with rank or affiliation. The jedi choose what color they want their saber to be. Some say that red sabers are for the dark side and the other colors are for the light side, well this isn't true. In the books Leia's saber is red like her fathers.

i read someone saying that they could choose their colour, based on preference perhaps, and that of course it depends on the crystal used...

more importantly, it mentioned that Sith used some 'i forgot the word' crystals...something like specially built crystals...and they always gave a red beam. they were also stronger, probably in that they cut through stuff like metal faster.

Originally posted by SeraphimII

Can remember wat Obi's saber was. I think he had a blue at the fight w/ Dooku but he was just handed that saber.

Also that site was kinda intresting, but god I can't imagine writing all that. It also said the sabers were maufatured not made by the jedi.

Both the Obi-Wan's saber and the one tossed to him were blue.

Archived