• Tiberian Sun
    • Age of Empires II
    • Dune Series
    • Metal Fatigue
    • Sudden Strike
    • Total Annihilation
    • Mech Commander 2
    • I'll stick with GB!!!!!

That poll isn’t exactly complete you need to have Earth 2150, Ground Control, and many more good RTS games but the all time best RTS game I’ve ever played is Total Annihilation

Guest Stormtrooper

RA2(just wish it had a map editor instead of random maps)seems to be my favorite...I like quite a few of the others also, nothing is better than RTS on LAN with friends.:laughing:

Originally posted by Link Antilles

The map editor for RA2 stinks!

AoK's is very very good though and I'm very thankful that GB will use a similar one!!!

Very true. The RA2 map editor is NOT for the people. It is for the designers who enjoy wasting 50 hours to learn the programs ins and outs. The AoK editor on the other hand, is easily picked up. It took me a few hours to learn how to do triggers properly. RA2 editor takes you hours to learn how to shape the terrain.

Originally posted by Kuma

Sorry the best rts/strategy game up to date has to be Shogun TotalWar:)

...hmmm...no

It has some major graphical issues. The men look out of place on the articulate background. You basically bash into one another and hope for the best...like you need accedintally kill the enemy general or you are going to be overpowered by the enemy's massive forces. Now don't get me wrong I enjoy the game, And I really like the warlords Expansion(ninjas rule!!!) but it is not the best rts game. Nor even close.

Guest Rogue15

What?! No Force Commander? That's my favorite, who gives a crack if the ai wasn't good, the mp made up for it. The multiplayer part and storyline was awesome!

Archived