Home

New Mod for Fans

LordEradicator

I have created a new mod. I basically went to the forums of some popular JK2 sites to see what people wanted and addressed some concerns. Here is a brief summary of the features in the mod:

-a new move called evade has been implemented in which a player affectively knocks himself down to evade projectiles, it is held down until the player wishes to get back up and then when it is let go of the player automatically flips back up (it can be accessed using the evade command ex. /evade)

-dual bladed sabers can be toggled by clients with the dualblade command, but the sever admin can disable that with the g_dualblade cvar

-old damages before the 1.03 patch are back, but the new damages can still be re-enabled by the server admin with the g_olddamage cvar

-teal saber color has been implemented and can be accessed with the color1 command set to 6 ex. /color1 6

-goofy red grip effect has been removed, but can be put back by the admin with cg_gripeffect cvar

-saber non-attack damage has been upped from 1 to 5 for realism

-armor (or shields) can be disabled using a new cvar, g_shield so that there is no stupid looking teal circle in duels when someone is hit

-headexplodey command will launch your smoking head off your body (no onger required to be in debug mode and no longer a cheat)

-g_saberghoul2collision default changed to 1 and g_saberTracesaberfirst default changed 0 for better saber fights defaultly

-dismemberment cvars defaulty set on and to max (doesn't crash in new patch) Yes! Dismemberment is multi-player and working!

I have sumitted the mod now and hopefully it will be up for download soon.

I'm afraid Subject452 is correct. There's no way that I know of to get it to work in sp. However who can created sp enemies in multiplayer with the /g2animent command. You must be in debug mode though. What would be interesting is to get single player levels to load in multiplayer by simulating enemy spawning with the command's code. Rather than trying to get dual bladed light sabers to work in sp. We must try to get sp to work in mp :)

Aaaaah! What the hell was that? :eek::confused::D

Anyways, the download is now also available at jk2files.com . Am I allowed to post links?

I am also working on a new patch. So far you can change wall flip and wall run heights with a new cvar and the can flip and wall run from the air. I might laos make it so you can do moves with guns out. Any comments?

nice mod... was fun to play it :D

and it has ..uhm...potential ;)

suggestions:

make walljumping possible while in midair/jumping

and make the evade a bit faster

and erm.. plz tell me what

g_saberghoul2collision

g_saberTracesaberfirst

exactly do...

GL .. keep up the nice work :)

Thanks for the feedback. For the new patch (1.1 not released yet)I have ALREADY coded flipping and wall running from the air. Way ahead of ya :). g_saberghoul2collision is a command that is in the source code (version 1.03a) and it makes percise saber collisions. g_sabertracesaberfirst is the second way of tracing sabers from 1.03 I believe. I just changed the defaults for better saber collisions.

Originally posted by striderx2048

how about also adding a grappling hook for jedivmerc and tck's saber color mod to the mix

MEH SABER!!! MEH SABER!!!!!!!!

no, really, if you want to do it, download my source

:) :) :rofl:

just kidding

but if you want you can donwload the source of my mod and add it to yours ...

Tchouky I am currently trying to add your rbg saber source. I have then gui working and the it compiles with no errors and the cvar exist, but nothing changes the color. Nothing... I turned tck_saber 1 and messed with it. I think it has something to do with the fact that not all your code is commented with tck. I have found a few, but I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Ask where is this supposed grapple source?

did you add the code of the game, cgame and ui ??

and the setup and ingame setup menu files ?

(you don't really need the .menu but they are kinda cool)

well if you want me to, give me your source code and i ll put everything in it ....

and i think i commented with tck all the code i added ...

btw to change the color you must use

tck_saberred x

tck_sabergreen x

tck_saberblue x

if you want to send me the source here is my mail :

tchouky@noos.fr

It's okay, I got it to work. I found one more uncommented bit. That tutorial would be really cool. So far the new version of JK2: The Fan's Version will have your rgb saber code, flipping off of walls and wall running from the air, dismemberment cvars removed and dismemberment forced on, and bots can use double sided light sabers. The patch may be released this week. I am making a website at http://www.ModsRus.com and I should be online tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for releasing the source to your wicked mod! I will fully credit you and leave all cvars with tck_ name.

looks cool, will try it tormorow, and comment later... ver2 sounds even cooler, but I dont understand what you mean by, "flipping off of walls and wall running from the air"... does that mean, you can do this when no wall is present? or after a long jump you can latch onto a wall? an example would be really nice....

SPY

Cool, I will add your grapple code to version 1.1 :) Thanks for the code. What I meant by "flipping off walls and wall runing from the air" is that you can jump from the ground into the air infront off a wall then flip off of it. Real ninja style. Same goes for wall run.

Making "use" the grapple will create a lot of conflict because what if they want to open a door or use an ammo/shield generator thingie. Did you make an if trigger thingie in the code?

Originally posted by LordEradicator

Making "use" the grapple will create a lot of conflict because what if they want to open a door or use an ammo/shield generator thingie. Did you make an if trigger thingie in the code?

I have played the grapple mod, and can say that doors and generators would be a non-problem with this... I dont quite know how to put what I mean into words, but if you try it(by now you have I am sure;) ) you will understand what I mean.

SPY

i know this...it does not create problems, as the old use code is still in the source.

And what does that matter anyway, you still have to be very close to use something, so the grapple pulling you towards there won't do it anyway :)

The rule is: complain after you play

Archived