Home

Grapple Hook

ASk

the actual code has to be done like this, because the USE button does not trigger the EF_FIRING flag or any other flag, thus we have no means of passively tracking it like with Attack button case

So either we define a new flag or something or we leave it that way.

Also, it seems to screw up in heavy battle conditions, probably the lastHitLoc coming into effect

EDIT:

well, i was wrong here :p

i fixed the code and now when you release the USE button, you automatically stop being grappled :)

and nothing screws up too :p

in about 15 minutes they will be uploaded to:

mod:

http://www.darklordofsith.net/ask/Grapple.zip

source:

http://www.darklordofsith.net/ask/Grapplecode.zip

if the links seem to be broken, try the G in lower case, as the server is case sensitive.

Fun grappling

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think this is getting somewhere finally. Ask has redone the code yet again for an onhand grapple. I intend to replace the bryar pistol with an ascension gun. The grapple will be the alt attack and the primary attack will be switched to the alt bryar attack. The main problem now is the missiletrail. I tried using the one from purectf but it seems the RT_LIGHTNING is commented out in the jk2 source for some reason. Not sure if i wanna turn it back on. Then I started thinking about using a *.efx file. But I of course cant figure that out at all. If somone might know of a way to do a rope/cable *.efx I would appreciate any input. The current missiletrail is using RT_BEAM and well .. it just give a read beam instead of the rope it is spose to be showing.

my released grapple will still be offhand :)

In my opinion it's better to be able to use it in addition to firing your weapon (think of an escape route)

you may do with the onhand grapple anything you want ;)

cant you use the lightsaber throw animation when you throw the hook??

if you use that you dont need to make a new animation.

and put a rope or somthing behind it so you see were you are going.

othervise great job! :atat::bdroid1::band::fett:

Using this mod is fun. I plan on putting it on my server which is up every now and then normally weekends. Also I was planning on skining my own Mandalorian skin... i would like to know if i could include this with it (i will give you credit of course). thanks

apparently you read in a selective way....the explanation is all over the boards:

the source is not 1.03, rather it's 1.03a

some changes include the backstab, inability to do a blue-style lunge in the air and some damage changes.

and don't request from me to go and fix them, because i won't...IMO these changes were needed

ASK: I got your mod downloaded, so how do i get it running on the server? I tried putting it in the gamedata folder, but it doesn't show up in "Mods" then...and I tried putting it in the base folder but not working there either...a command line is needed? or what?

Thanks in advance!!:D

Archived