Home

Just an Idea...

Talon_of_BHG

My reasoning is that this will take the emphasys off special moves while maintaining their validity as techniques in saber combat. Another point is that if the backstab is only as lethal as any other hit would be, then it would be too risky too try to run backwards to land it. Basically its about balance. Any special move does more damage than an avg strike. That makes it just plain smarter to use these strikes to their fullest. My problem with this is that there really is no reason why a backsweep should be any more lethal than a forward diagonal downward strike. They are essentially the same thing anyway. Keep the back moves they have defencive value but dont make them any more damaging then the forward strikes they mimic. As for saber damage in general it should be higher. Any games I run have ghoul2 1 and sabertrace 0 and I find it to be very satisfactory. But with the "special" moves doing so much more base damage it just makes sense to use them more than as just finishers or desperation moves. Some may argue that the special moves are supposed to do that much more damage but when u look at it there is no reason to support this. A saber should do a lot of damage no matter how u slice it (no pun intended). When u factor in the enhanced blocking i think it would make for some very awesome matches.

PS This would be more in tune with the movies as there is a lot of blocking but once the other guy gets through his opponents defences the fight is over in short order.

Also the blocking radius could be turned in a little so u have to use your aim to auto block a little more. Again this would discourage backstab and sweep since the rear would have far less protection than the ridiculous amount of blocking that can happen even when the opponent is running backwards at you.

Totally agree. It seems completely illogical to have a sabre attack on someone behind you doing loads more damage than an attack on someone in front of you. It does seem that normal lightsaber attacks in 1.03 are underpowered compared to gun attacks [eg the flechette gun].

It would make sense to increase the damage on normal lightsaber attacks, while keeping the blocking, and reduce the damage for 'backstabs'. Then maybe you'd see some convincing lightsabre duels instead of the ridiculous sight of a load of Jedi running around backwards!

By the way, does anyone know how to uninstall the 1.03 pach without uninstalling the game?

I wonder if anyone at Raven is actually reading these posts......

• 2 weeks later...

the thing about the backstab is that its meant to be like a cool finishing move. in theory its nice dramtic cinematic effect but during play when you have players running backwards all the time trying to pull it off i does get stupid quickly.:evanpiel:

Originally posted by uniqueuser

the thing about the backstab is that its meant to be like a cool finishing move. in theory its nice dramtic cinematic effect but during play when you have players running backwards all the time trying to pull it off i does get stupid quickly.:evanpiel:

Yeah, that's true. It's a finishing move not the only move.

Theres nothing wrong with backstab, you all just haven't adapted to it yet. It is terribly easy to dodge, just stay out of big crowds and don't let them point thier back to you. People who just run around backwards get thier asses handed back to them anyways, and are even easier to avoid than a normal backstab. The only thing that needs to be changed about it is the stupid exploit that makes people spin around like helicopters.

Hell yeah. Kill it like the DFA. I say make no change in the strength, but immobilize the BS'er so you have to be a real idiot not to take advantage of the opening. The DFA is now OWNED by the lunge. Hit me with a DFA, I will give you a dollar! :)

Archived