Home

Flicker Effects...

Imran

I was looking on if it would be possible to make lights flicker/strobe or if there were other neat lighting effects, Im making a kind of "Crash Ship" level (reminds me of event horizon..) and I need some flickering lights to add to the ambient sounds

style codes for lights are as such:

1: Flicker 1

2: Slow Strong Pulse (full light to black)

3: Candle 1

4: Fast Strobe

5: Gentle Pulse

6: Flicker 2

7: Candle 2

8: Candle 3

9: Slow Strobe

10: Flourescent Flicker

11: Slow Weak Pulse (full light to faded light)

12: Fast Pulse

13: Disco Madness

key: style

value: 1 - 13

For your usage I would suggest number 10, Flourescent Flicker. Just watch what ya use... these work in MP and SP but some of the light styles don't work well in MP as they work great in SP. number 10 does work however, I used that one for my Fridge in Rave House.

volrath

but it doesn't work in my map! there is just the normal light!

i right-clicked with the mouse, selected light, then ic selected the intensity, then i selected the light, pressed n, typed in key the style, in value 10 and then i dobleclicked in the list on light!

is that correct or not?

thx

Originally posted by AKIMBOstarr

but it doesn't work in my map! there is just the normal light!

i right-clicked with the mouse, selected light, then ic selected the intensity, then i selected the light, pressed n, typed in key the style, in value 10 and then i dobleclicked in the list on light!

is that correct or not?

thx

hit enter after typing in your value. it probably didn't take it.

also the key is "style" w/o the quotes, not "the style".

hope it works.

volrath

Originally posted by RichDiesal

Dynamic lighting only functions with light entities. Keep in mind that some people won't even see dynamic lighting if they have it turned off (it's in one of the Video setup menus)

well then I'll be sure to tell them in the readme :-) thanks for the advice guys

:sam::max:

Archived