Home

MotS Level 8 help+Mod Questions

Guest BriGer

Guest BriGer

I'm not a newbie to Jedi Knight or FPS's but I am to MotS. On level 8 you are chasing that Amon Mar guy for the 2nd time and the only path from the start leads to a bar/club type thing with Cantina music. Mara asks if anyone has seen a crime boss when she enters. Ring any bells? Good. Now how do I get past this. I noticed those last 4 guys only attack you if you hop over the "Bar" and go for the items. I also noticed the floor lights up pecularily when you shoot it. I also tried sabering and using every square inch of the building. None of it helped. What do I do to get passed this godforsaken place.

Also what are the best mods for MotS and their locations? What are your favourite Force, Weapon, Item modifications, favourite DM, SP levels or level packs, and are there any bots for MotS? Does Rbots work for MotS? Any opinions?

Guest Rogue15

oh. i know this level, brain isnt' working tho.....argh...get out of the cantina, and check all the corners of the level. it's at a place that looks like a hangar...w/mar's ship somewhere. use your map too.

I actually found it before the last two of you replied but thanks anyway. This game's levels are pretty much the most confusing I've ever played with the exception of Unreal which was just plain illogical.

Unreal Example:

There are 7 identical wall markings in a hall, one is a button for a door quite far off, the other six are just decoration, it's not even the first, last or middle one. It does not look any different from the rest of them and the entire set looks inconspicuous to begin with. There is also no reason to believe that the button is in this hallway or even on this side of the map.

Yo BriGer, if you need any more help on any of the MotS levels, I'd be glad to help.

And there is a version of Rbots for MotS, and I would suggest you get Saber Battles X mod for MotS. you can get both over at: www.massassi.net

Oh, also when you get done with MotS, you should download these MotS levels:

Boam SE by Anthony Piggott

Toam 1 by Anthony Piggott

Toam 2 BTM by Anthony Piggott

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Gabrobot ]

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: Gabrobot ]

• 2 weeks later...

k, thanks one and all. I have since beaten that game and I was thoroughly unimpressed. The use of Force Seeing and persuasion puzzles was okay but it after awhile I just left force seeing on permanently. Level design was pretty shoddy, beautiful sometimes but horrendous in the path you took. Bring back the linearity of Quake if this is the alternative. It would have been nice if Mara or Kyle would say something to clue you in on where you were going, but they never did. The final nail in the coffin was the story. Read a novel then compare. A story IS NOT just a series of events. After Jedi Knight's and Dark Forces' stories this just looks bad. That's all I guess.

Archived