Home

WIP: Battle Droid

Prophet

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prophet

Ok, It's in SP, and it works perfectly. I'll post someshots later. All I'm waiting on now is the sounds from TPM and I have a host of minor fixes to do. Should be out this week.

yay. don't forget, the push sound has to be that yelp. :D

As promised, more pics. These are all in SP. It's in MP as well, but these are much more interesting. The shots aren't all too good, as my computer is fairly weak and I have to play games on pretty low detail.

http://www.btinternet.com/~browngreen/jo/bdpics.htm

I'll be releasing 2 paks at once, one for SP, one for MP.

MP skins:

Infantry

Security

Officer

Pilot

Geonosis

Red

Blue

SP Replacements:

Stormtroopers: Infantry

TIE Pilots: Pilot

Stormtrooper Commander: Officer

Stormtrooper Officer: Officer/Security

Rocketrooper: Security

Workers: Pilot/Security

Swamptroopers: Infantry, but with swamp skin

I haven't replaced Imperial Officers, as they have keys on the model, which could lead to probems with missions.

Feedback/Comments welcome, including ideas for additional skins (not guaranteed though)

those screens look amazing. very accurate in appearance. :D

ideas for additional skins (not guaranteed though)

i still like the idea of a sort of swamp stained version. :) but not all stained, just a portion of the legs and the rest maybe a dirty tint.

"Should be out this week"

You just made a guy in Sweden really happy.

But what about the imperials, I didn't understand why you couldn't replace those. I thought the keys were something that spawned by their bodies when they die.

Originally posted by EffJi

But what about the imperials, I didn't understand why you couldn't replace those. I thought the keys were something that spawned by their bodies when they die.

there's actually a key in a pocket on their left upper-arm.

prophet, do you think you could do a c3po version? maybe you can trade heads with oddjob when he gets around to updating 3po (since there's a couple shader error messages and the bot problem, also i have less fruitloopy ctf skins), because macd's head looks kinda off (no offence intended, just personal opinion).

D.L. Hmm, I'll try out the keys thing. Don't suppose it was the key thing that did wreck your SP was it?

t3rr0r: No C3P0 in this release, sorry =)

K.O.: The geonosis skin is basically the battle droids from Ep II, which are more pinkish-red in colour. They won't be in the SP version.

D.L. Hmm, I'll try out the keys thing. Don't suppose it was the key thing that did wreck your SP was it?

I don't know. It could be but I doubt it. The whole roger 0.95 and 0.96 model wouldn't work properly in SP for some reason.

I did change the Imperial to a Clonetrooper model and I could still get the key and there are no pockets on that model either. I am pretty sure you can. Just remember that there are 2 different colored imperials in the models/players/imperial folder. Black and Brown. You'll get a weird looking model if you don't have the colors changed on one of them. The brown will be weird looking but the black wil be fine

Archived