Home

If you only knew the power of the darkside of the force!

Hateplow

Is the darkside really more powerful?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is the darkside really more powerful?

• Yes
    • No

Popular opinion of the dark side as of 1.03 is that it is ruined, gimped, and pointless. This could be further from the truth. I started using the dark side about two days ago, and I don't think I'll ever look back. Here's why.

The light side of the force is almost purely used for Absorb. Heals are nice, but nothing special. Protection can keep you from dieing from a back sweep or two, but that's it. In my opinion the light side is simply a way to live longer, even if only for a few seconds. Its the newbies way to keeping their ass of the ground before the inevitable back stab/sweep.

The dark side of the force is were you separate the men from the boys. In a sense, only those who have learned the in's and out's of the game can truly prosper and grow on the dark side. By finding weakness in the force the dark side can destroy all who appose it with ease.

Does anyone dare question me?

The Dark side is good for CTF, since it has Rage...But as for 1v1 dueling? Dark side is not very powerful.

Think of it this way. 1v1 dueling, we stand there. I run at you, right when you hit lightning I turn on absorb, and roll infront of you, before you know anything I pull you twice and you fall to the ground and I turn around backsweep you and you're dead.

:D Think about it Hateplow, any light side force is to live longer. There are no offensive forces. There is no need because our saber skills are far superior. We use absorb to disable your force use, and thus gain the upper hand.

Dark side still has an advantage in that situation, though: Drain.

You got absorb on? Darksider runs around avoiding you until absorb runs out. Hits a drain now and then, eventually wears down your force. Once you are out, then they can attack.

I had a duel last night that took 25 minutes before I finally won (lightsider) against a darksider who just ran and drained, never attacking, and running away whenever I'd try to attack.

perhaps you did not read my post correctly.

I said I would run at him with absorb OFF...then the moment he touches lightning/drain, I have absorb up (it's a pretty quick key press) and if he was in range with his drain/lightning then after my absorb is one and I roll, I will be right infront of his face before he can run pull once to get him closer, pull again to make him fall. turn 180 backsweep, dead sith. easy as pie.

it's not that difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

By the movies, the dark side is never more powerful.

Just easier, quicker, and with fewer limitations. It appears so strong because the Jedi had become complacent and were growing weaker in the Force. The dark side comes out on top mainly because the Jedi weren't ready for it.

seperates the men from the boys? HAHAHAHHAHAHA tahts gotta be the dumbest thing i've read.

the thing that seperates the men from the boys are those who can play with whatever they have and still win regardless of lightside, or darkside, advantage or disadvantage

another thing is those who win and give props to the dead

"wow, 5 health left" etc...

and those who lose give props to the victors and dont' go shouting "you focking cheater" etc...

Yea this bothers me...

In any of the movies we have yet to see 2 full strength masters go to work. In the first 3(ANH,ESB, and ROTJ), we see an aging, but forcused Obi1, a guy in a suit that henders movent but sustaines his very life, Luke when he 1st fought Vader was too weak/untrained to really hurt him, and didn't want to kill his dad in the 2nd fight. Then we have an aging Emporer thats just a lightning whore!

Next we have Qui-Gon, a paddie Obi1, and the aprentice Darth Maul. Sure Maul is powerful but he's no master of the force, no lightning, and if you noice he's barely holding down a paddawan and a jedi Knight (And the fact that he gets killed also confurms this). Then Dooku comes in puts up a short(WAY TOO SHORT) fight vs Yoda (A clearly a powerful master). Yes Dooku is very powerful, but he's no match for a master.

I wanna see a Master vs Master fight! Maybe Yoda Vs Palpatine, but the closest we'd probably get is Obi1 vs Anakin.

After my opinion, the dark side is mostly for lamers.

Both Ligthning and grip is stupid forces, and cannot beat absorb.

The ligth side is for people who dont like force, and who rather rely on sabering.

The dark side is for people who is not very good saberists and therefore rely on force to get frags

You got absorb on? Darksider runs around avoiding you until absorb runs out. Hits a drain now and then, eventually wears down your force. Once you are out, then they can attack.

You can turn off absorb anytime if u wish and then turn it on when u need it. No dark force beats a good ligth side saberist.

EVERYBODY dares question you...

and if you're just gonna run around and drain/lightning, then can you deny that you are not being lame?

Sure it's PERFECTLY fine in the game...but it's pretty stupid to have a fight and circle strafe and never use your saber.

also, not everyone's perfect. so if you lightning and he manages to get his absorb, he gets some force to heal. basically i think a duel with force is retarded. Because i don't think absorb should even require force to run, in this sense. uh nvm

It really boils down to who has the better skills (and the better Internet connection). The person with the best lightsaber skills, the best strategic use of the Force powers, and the best knowledge of the map (and their opponents weaknesses) will win. Dark side or Light side just means different strategies.

The darksiders usually have the advantage of range with lightning (aware of the "Absorb tone" when facing lightsiders), know when to use their precious supply of bacta and when to rely on drain for healing.

The lightsiders will know when to use their defensive abilities, and will mainly rely on the lightsaber for offense. They will use Absorb not only to defend against dark offensive Force powers but to disable a Dark Jedi's ability to heal. They will know under what circumstances to use protect, heal, etc...

Both sides will know when to use seeing. A quick burst of lvl 3 Force sight before rounding a corner can tell you when an enemy is lurking around the corner, or give you the element of surprise over them. This one is important in ns_streets where being surprised around a corner could result in a loooong fall. Both light and dark will use both push and pull effectively.

Then again, modem speed, and even luck can have factors.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Wake up to REALITY ...i play Dark side since Day one and i can say u it sux VASTLY against ppl who actually play the game

Here s Why : Drain is FUBAR ...it s now called drain coz it drain your force more than your opponent s one

Absorb now lasts longer

Those 2 facts make Absorb being an almost permanent Force immunity

Then comes the infamous pull + Backstab, which if u remember well u opponent is totally immune

Honestly on Competitives 1.03 Duel servers everytime someone ever tried to use Dark side they ended very dead after 5 seconds

Now continue to use Dark side if u want .....maybe u ll cross a decent player one day and see how much it s useless now :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Orangina_Rouge

Wake up to REALITY ...i play Dark side since Day one and i can say u it sux VASTLY against ppl who actually play the game

You said you've been playing Dark since day one, but have you tried the Light side? A lightsider has to know when to put on Absorb, and when an opponent isn't feeding the Light Jedi's Force pool Absorb guzzles Force usage like it's Solo™ (Light on the fizz, so you can slam it down fast).

I won't comment on Drain because I've never felt any inclination to play the Dark Side further than the curiosity level. I haven't played it since installing the 1.03 patch either. Yet.

Originally posted by Orangina_Rouge

Then comes the infamous pull + Backstab, which if u remember well u opponent is totally immune

...while they have Absorb on. And if you're playing against skilled players they won't need to \/\/|-|0®3 that move to defeat you.

:gben: You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.

I've never seen the Darkside as weak...just like in the movies, it's faster, easier to tame. I was in a force duel the other day and this guy kept doing drain the lightning, drain the lightning. By doing this pattern he sucked the force out of me so i couldn't absorb, then electricuted the piss out of me. Electricity matched with drain is a dangerous setup.

yes the darkside is very easy to learn, to play, and to so-called spam

and can someone please explain to me...why are there claims of an absorb+pull+BS all over?? If i have no absorb on, i can do the pull+BS and you would be helpless...right? that's why people complain about it even without mentioning absorb. so how did absorb get involved?

Please explain....

As for drain taking out more force out of you than your opponent, well u get health u know? Surely you don't want drain to use up less force than it steals while giving you hp rite? we don't want another force power being placed on trial in this forum.

The drain+lightning works...well he can absorb at right times and heal and blah...but it works to a certain and probably good degree. And that i think is really lame. Duels with force are not good IMO.

First off, just because you get pulled down doesnt mean your helpless. Its really sad that all you ppl seem to think this. There are lots of counters to this overly used attack. As far as dark vs light. Quite simply, light is defensive and dark is offencive. They both have their good points and used by an experienced player they both will equalize just fine. I personally prefer the darkside something about the grip throw really makes the game fun. I think that drain is equal to both absorb and heal of light side while it might use to much force now its still at mininum a good heal replacement. Lightning seems to be a real frowned upon force power an its understandable. YOU FEAR THE DARKSIDE!!! I admit i hate gettin spammed with lightning also, but you gotta admit its deadly.

Archived