Home

How Do I Get Color In My Name And...

HippO

The colors in your name...you gotta give it a certain little command. There's a number for each color, ranging from 1-7. Play around with it a bit because I can't remember what numbers were what colors. But to make red for example, I think that one is ^1. ^7 is white if I recall correctly. I think I know those because those are the two colors in my name. Soo, my name shows up in the games as Heavens Mutant Child. So in my name field I would need to put in ^1Heavens ^7Mutant ^1Child for it to show up that way. Don't worry whether or not the colors commands (^1, ^2, ^3, etc.) show up in your name field when you type it. I remember thinking "hey it didn't type nothing!". But just put in the command and then type a bit of text. You'll see that the color changed when you do. Also bear in mind the length it allows your name to be. Even though the ^1, ^2, etc. doesn't show in your name, it still counts the commands as letters in your name. So if you got a long name and you alternate a color for each letter, you might not be able to fit it in even though it doesn't seem like that large a name. Hope that helps.

As for those secret skins, unless there's something in there that I never discovered then those skins you're talking about aren't any secrets in the game. Those are skins that people have made that you can download. Go to somewhere like jediknight2files.com to find them. jediknightii.net has a bunch of stuff too but last I heard all their files were down. Anyways, download the zip files to a location of your choice on your hard drive, and unzip the skins inside to the /base directory in your JKII game. The path ought to be something like C:\Program Files\LucasArts\JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base

Originally posted by Sb.Lone Starr

Don't forget to end your name with ^7, I hate it when people typing in their name without any color gets the other players last color.

Heheheh I never noticed that lol. Though it should have been obvious because the message that says "joeblow has defeated maryjane in a duel!" kinda gets discolored. Guess I'll go add that in if I got enough room lol.

Archived