Home

The throw+push thing and my thoughts on what needs improvement

crazyplaya73

I not bitchin here so don't start. I like the game the way it is except for a few small things. Especially the way that you can throw your saber and then push at the right moment for an unblockable throw. I am seeing it more and more on my server lately.

I'm definitely not looking forward to any patch by Raven. Right now fights are generally quick and ballanced the way that I have my server setup. So its all good. But now that we have the source code I'm hoping that something can be done about this throw+push thing.

The way I see these are the area's that could use improvement to make JKII a perfect game:

1) throw+push - make it so this can't be done

2) getting stuck after a knockdown - sometimes you get stuck after getting up quickly from a knockdown. A fix for this would be nice.

3) throw - lower the damage a bit or make the back peddling speed slower then running forward

4) kick - I'm also seeing some people who kick ALL the time and it seems too effective of a strategy. Three taps of the jump key to do a forward kick may solve that or go back to one tap of the jump key so that kicks must be done from very close range only.

5) saber - increase damage a little for regular saber strikes (heavy should be harder to block) and decrease damage a little on the backsweeps

6) I keep some force powers disabled on my server becuase some of the powers are just a little too strong:

a) pull - too easy to knock someone down

b) absorb - lasts too long, light side too powerfull

c) lightning - too powerfull

IMHO, nothing else needs to be changed and nothing needs to be nerfed! I know Raven will screw us up big time if they do another patch so I really hope they don't.

I wish I had the time and knowledge of how to make these changes. I could have the perfect server. Well I hope many others agree with me and maybe someone who knows how can make a MOD like this.

Peace!

here's my 2 cent may not b much.......

being a regular ligth side user, I agree wif ya doom, abosrb is too powerfull, but its all there is against lighting, and after watchin EspII AOTC, i reckon sum1 should do a mod that does this:

jus like how push/pull can be counter by the same level of itself

when abosrb is at level 3 it can automally block lighting without activation and doesnt use any force, if

a) the player with abosrb has his cross hair near the lighting user

b) the player has som force on the pool

c) lvl 1 abosrb block lvl 1 lighting, lvl2 block lvl 2 etc ...

d) the abosber must be using a light saber

the blocking should come with an animation like hold obi abosrb ligthing via his saber which looks damn cool:)

Archived