Home

Saber lock when not in duel

Garik Loran

Last night I played JK2 against bots, and I was disappointed that they don't engage duels. And "no duels, no saberlocks". But this is an important part of all lightsaber fights, in every film there were those saberlocks, so I thought "hey, why don't make a new cvar that allows you switch saber locking outside duels on or off." That's what I did, and it's fun playing with it. And if the others on the server hit you while you are locking with someone, just turn it of.

If someone is interested in this I could post a short description what has to be changed, or maybe you'd like to have my pk3, then I could post it.

What's your opinion?

there is a cvar g_bothonorableduelaceptance or something ...

cheat protected by the way ...

if you have your saber off and are chalenging them they will accept...

(type g_both and tab and you will have it .. don't forget to set devmapall first !)

edit :

for your mod you should put the invincible sphere (like in a duel in ffa) to the 2 guys who are saberlocking....

Thanx, I tried the commands.

But I don't like the saber locking with an invincible sphere, this is not what I had in mind. a jedi is not invulnarable when he's saberpushing, so if there is a guy with a rocketlauncher even a jedi has a problem.

But it works best on saberonly servers.

Archived