Home

Getting Anakin Saber to work?

Danierusan

I know where to put it, and all the other saber hilts that i've downloaded work, so why can i not get anakins to appear in game?

Is there something wrong with what i'm doing or the mod itself? It' seems identical to dooku's inside the pk3 file, and that works...I wouldn't mind but it's the coolest saber yet mod(ed)! :/

Apart from Mace windu's, any chance of that anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Danierusan

I tried this also, and I just assumed I couldnt get it to work because I am an utter noob. Do you just put the pk3 file in the Base dir, put the directory tree of the unpacked pk3 file in the Base dir, or do you just put the actual extracted files in the base dir? All the readme says is to extract the pk3 file to the base dir, and I wasnt sure at all how to interpret that.

Ok. You download the whole Anakinsaber.zip file. (Where did you get it from, anyway? I want it too!) Open up the file with Winzip and you'll probably see a few things like:

Readme

Anakinsaber.jpg

Anakinsaber.pk3

All you NEED is the .pk3 file. Click it, say "Extract" and it'll ask you where to send it. Put it in the JK2 base directory. (example: C:\program files\whatever\JK2 Jedi Outcast\GameData\Base) Then load up the game. If it still doesn't work, look in the modlist in the main menu. If it's not listed there, then the mod is jacked up!

there might be something wrong with the game file, and you may need to download it again.

Or you could try spawing it? (just a suggestion, Though i dont know if that will help any)

Blast! This is why I hate flying!

Grinnin guy says hello.

:D

Just want to confirm that the one called "ansaber" does NOT work for me either (as others have stated).

I'm going to jk2files and see if they have the other one.

Thanks for the info (I thought it was just me too as every other mod works just fine)!

Somebody might want to e-mail the author of the saber and tell them that it doesn't work.

http://download2.filefront.com/ebb6d996e8f9e9a8eb70273a388d1879/gamingfiles/Jedi_Knight_II/Models/Weapons/mkfanakinsaber.zip

There is a link to "a" working Anakin saber, the one hosted on jediknightii.com does not load.

However, I am not sure where I got it but I have the working one that not only replaces the in-game saber hilt, but it replaces the weapon icon when you scroll through your weapons (the one above does not).

I must have gotten it in the forums here because I hardly ever go to massassi or jk2files.

The saberanakin.zip is 333kb, and when unzipped the credits are as follows:

"Anakin's Lightsaber

Model/Skin: MonkeyKungFu (rpalmer@shianet.org)

HUD graphics: Garik Loran (terrence20@web.de)

Replaces the default lightsaber with Anakin's Lightsaber, the one given to Luke by Obi-Wan. To install, extract the .pk3 to your gamedata/base directory."

Archived