Home

My mod - see what's in it

Garik Loran

I made my own changes to the game, and now I really love playing JK2. The mod is not finished yet, but some people asked for it and I can't send it to everyone by e-mail, here it is .

Description:

I made this mod and added all things I wanted to see in the game. It's not finished yet, I am working on other

things I'd like to have in game.

This mod does the following:

1. added a white lightsaber (for Corran Horn)

2. made a new command that allows you to switch on/off

whether the "THEDESTROYER" command is allowed on server or

not and removed cheat protection

the cvar is "g_enabledoublesaber 0 or 1"

i also removed the THE DESTROYER COMETH line and the earthquake when it's activated.

3. I added a new cvar that let you choose if you want saberlock like normal only in duel or if it's allowed always (lets you have much better saberbattles)

the cvar is "g_noduelsaberlock 0 or 1" standard 0, change to 1 if you want saberlocking enabled outside duels.

4. I added the possability to have three taunts for every charakter, because only one was boring. Just use the +taunt command several times and you hear the different sounds.

If you want to add your own taunts you have to copy a taunta.mp3 and tauntb.mp3 to the character's sound/char/misc folder.

5. I also use some commands and cvar that makes the lightsaberfights more realistic and adds dismemberment. The commands are listed below under "Installation"

for more read the readme

new taunts for the most characters are included.

You don't have to replace an old color, it is possible to add new ones.

But you need some coding experience in C, the sdk and Visual C++.

If you haven't done any programming I suggest take a look at the code from the sdk, and then get all the knowledge you need.

Originally posted by AB_Legion

Garik, how experienced are you in programming? And how long have you been programming?

I am programming for a year now, since I am studying Computer Science.

The langueage I've learned are Java and C, and I am learning C++ when I have the time.

And thanx for all the nice words on mz mod, I just want to make JK as "Star Wars" as possible.

i have been through the entire bg_saber.c, w_saber.c and the w_saber.h

but they didn't describe anything relating to how to add colors, the bg_saber was the moves and the w_saber.c was the code for how the saber acted(couldn't see what the w_saber.h was meant to be...)

so after have been through those i looked at how you had did it... couldn't figure it out... and no i haven't much programming experience... can a little in Java but nothing else... is there another way to add colors to the menu without removing any existing??

I want to write a tutorial on this, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

Ok, this is what I did:

Search for "purple" in the entire code. the word purple is just used for the purple saber so you won't find anything you don't need. For every line that is found make a new line for your own saber, with your color instead of purple.

There are two switch commands for the sabertrail where you have to add RGB values, once it wants numbers from 0-255, and in the second case it wants 0-1. for the value from 0-1 take your RGB values (that one from 0-255) and devide them by 255, so you get the values.

When you've done this try the saber ingame, it should have the color1 value the enum command gave it. If you add it at the bottom it's color1 6.

Originally posted by Garik Loran

You don't have to replace an old color, it is possible to add new ones.

But you need some coding experience in C, the sdk and Visual C++.

If you haven't done any programming I suggest take a look at the code from the sdk, and then get all the knowledge you need.

Can I use new colors in SP with the sabercolor command?

Search for a saber colour like purple or orange throughtout cgame and game. Simply add your new saber colour code as a near replica of the other colours code. Its basically a quick copy and paste job. Make sure to rename the code of the colour you copied to your new colour. The game will automatically put your colour on the end of the color1 cvar. It should be 6. Adding it the ui is a different story :) You'll probably need to edit some .menu files.

NO, new code will not work in single player at all. No way unless through the new co-op mod, but thats not really single player. Just mp with a disguise. Probably made through the use of the built-in g2animent enemy spawning command and their l337 programming skillz :)

Archived