Home

Duel Naboo

Omikron

I am working on a Duel Naboo map, with Ideas from the Ep2 love scene.

I will have screenshots up soon, but would like some ideas for what I could do.

So far, I have 3 pairs of steps with railings that are decorated(Sorta) and then there is a smallish building which I gotta add more detail to, and at the back is the stairs, and I was thinking of adding a ramp or something that led to a part of the palace, but wasn't sure.

Any Ideas would be helpful.

Screenies coming soonish.

You could the Lake area be like how it is with in Jedi Council.. Like you can see the island, but wouldn't be able to reach it.. plus the , then you could map padme's quarters/bedroom whatever:)... just my $.02... Damn, now i"m broke...lol

The scene in Episode II where Anakin and Padme arrive on Naboo has them walking thru a large couryard. There's a curved wall running around it with a balcony on it, and in the middle of that wall is an outcropping with a pillar at the end. It's very difficult to describe, but take a look the next time you go see the movie (or I could e-mail you a sketch if you want). I've thought since the first time I saw it, "DAMN, I WANNA DUEL ON THAT!"

most of the stand-out-ish things i can remember from those scenes from the three times i've seen it in the theatre are the big field with the creatures, that room where she teased him with that far-too-sexy dress by the fireplace, the balcony, and then where they got off the boat and went up the stairs. if would be pretty big, but if you would throw all that into one level and make it logically connected, i for one would be jumping to download it. big, but not too hard. play it as her holiday getaway with a living room with the fireplace (make it dark so all of us WISH natalie portman was actually there. . . steal the fire effect from return to wolfenstein or something) and then a couple more rooms, one with a path leading off to the field and the other having access to the balcony. whatever you do, make it detailed and memorable, and very close to the movie. anyone can make a so-so level, but the ones everyone remembers are the ones that feel real and leave people wanting to play again, even if it's just to stare at the sheets of the bed model and say "how did he do that?"

also, i like the idea of the lake with the island. let them swim, but never be able to reach it. good idea.

Archived