Home

I am addicted to cheating.....HELP!

IamYourFather

I play the single player game without cheating, get a few levels, then whenever I get stuck, I just use noclip! OMG OMG I just want to play the friggen game legitly but I cant help it! What should I do to kick this horrible habit? I do it on pretty much every game I play.....:evanpiel:

to be honest, i used a walkthrough to get past a few parts as well

kejim post

i didn't know i had to shoot the explosive container to blow up to door/walkway switch panel in the room after the icy room

narshaada streets

i had no clue ihad to push the street lights

ns starpad

i didn't know the path to the second switches to the doors were under a grate under the big crates that had to be pushed or pulled away

Best thing to do is just to go ahead and play when you get stuck quicksave and read walkthru as mentioned before.

I beat the game this way and got allota enjoyment cuz i didnt "cheat" i just knew where to go when I got lost =).

Killing Desann Cheat Free with a backflip to foward lunge without landing was more satisfying than any other game ending that i can think of in a long time . ;-) hope that helps

i see nothing "wrong" with cheating in a game designed like this. The designers seemingly expect you to read their minds to figure out what you need to do to get somewhere and thats just insane. Realisticly you always have several options, several paths you can take... if you ever feel the need to "cheat" its because the game was most likely horribly designed. So don't feel bad about it :)

Go to a PC store and get a cheap keyboard, say the $10 one in the corner. Under the second shelf to the right of the door. Tell the owner I recommened you and you may get a discount. Probably not, as they don't know me but never mind.

Take the keyboard to your workshop (I KNOW you have one). Pull out the ¬ button next to the 1 button on the keyboard and eat it. Then glue up the buttons hole so it cannot be used.

Give your keybord to a pal to keep hold of. Now use you modified keyboard to play. You can't cheat! Ha.

Note: Please ask for your parents help if using glue. Or if you have furry hands.

Originally posted by atinymonkey

Go to a PC store and get a cheap keyboard, say the $10 one in the corner. Under the second shelf to the right of the door. Tell the owner I recommened you and you may get a discount. Probably not, as they don't know me but never mind.

Take the keyboard to your workshop (I KNOW you have one). Pull out the ¬ button next to the 1 button on the keyboard and eat it. Then glue up the buttons hole so it cannot be used.

Give your keybord to a pal to keep hold of. Now use you modified keyboard to play. You can't cheat! Ha.

Note: Please ask for your parents help if using glue. Or if you have furry hands.

.....................................................................................................

b)dont play normal sp and dl sum amazin custom sp maps and enjoy the best aspects of the sp game such as saber fighting and no more puzzle solving ****.

Ah, the ever present player of games that require no brains... But then I don't have the reflexes to be a Q3 twitch gamer :>

Most single player games, Outcast is certainly not excluded, stick you on some lame-ass linear route, where you must do A before B before C.....BORING. Besides, a Jedi would just cut through some damn door that he doesnt have a key for. Things like this have always been my biggest gripe in SP games. Thats why I cheat in SP (= I dont want to play maps with no saber. So I giveall. I want to grip stormtroopers and chuck them off the cliff on first map, so I giveall and setforceall 5.

Kind of like Soul Reaver. IMO it was much more fun to start with all powers, and play any level I wanted to at any time. Same goes for JKO.

Game developers need to take a hint from games like Grand Theft Auto 3. I'm not saying that game is perfect either, but the freedom it gives you is part of its biggest attraction.

hahaha, i cheated just with these regardless of how i play SP

give weaponnum 1

setforceall 5

i hate how kyle gave up the force. its pure bs haha.

i admit i used noclip on the doom_comm map when in the big room with the little code consoles. cuz i got pissed off when i kept falling haha.

Hurt:

Just wondering... you ever played Deus Ex?

that game is still THE most amazing single player experience i have had. Yes even better than JK2 ( and i really like JK2).

Deus Ex had some wonderful game mechanics, they mapped a level as close to ( albeit in game terms) you would think it would be in real life.. then let you lose.. You could finish the level how ever you wanted. You could go barrelling down the street fighting. or you could go through the sewer.. you could open the door or go through the window.. take the high road or the low road..

they gave you such freedom that it was a fresh change from the usual Elite Forces type single player ( all doors locked except the one you need to go in)

Archived