Home

Two jedi masters a padawan?

Psionic Jedi

I was re-watching Empire Strikes Back, in the beginning when Obi Wan appears in one of those Force hallucinations that Luke gets. He tells him to go to Dagobah and meet Yoda, the Jedi that "trained him". Go backwards in time (or rather, forward to the year 2000) in Episode 1, Obi Wan is being trained by QUI GON.

My theory is that all the good Jedi we have substantial history on have been trained by at least two Jedi Masters.

Anakin/Darth Vader: Obi Wan & [after turning to dark] Senator/Emperor Palpatine

Obi-Wan: Qui-Gon (as seen in Ep1) & Yoda (as said in ESB)

Luke: Obi-Wan & Yoda...

And in AOTC I think Dooku seemingly trained Qui Gon.

This may all be a coincidence, or are all Jedi Instructors doomed to die and get replaced by another?

---

Lol i have too much time on my hands :rolleyes:

All kids are trained by Yoda before a Jedi Master takes them on as a padawan as seen in Ep II, Yoda trained Obi Wan before Qui-Gon took him on as a padawan and Luke was trained by Yoda because well because Obi Wan died and Anakin wasn't trained by Yoda but became a padawan because that is what Qui-Gon wanted Obi Wan to do, and the reason Anakin was trained by Emperor Palpatine was because Anakin didn't know the ways of the Dark Side of the Force.

I think palpatine is the Yoda of the Sith.

Like you guys said, almost all padawan go through Yoda and

likewise for the sith.

But you see, I think jedi(master or knight)that turn Sith should be the strongest in real life.

Because, They get trained by yoda, then their master then the

trials, then they turn (say they did all this then turned) then

they get palpatine and maybe a sith lord to train them.

This all adds up into ALOT of training and ALOT of ass kicking ability if you ask me.

but like I've said before, apparently the bad guys always die.

Or they turn good at the end and die... either way.

I think Yoda might be a child molester. Y'know, like those priest everybody's been talking about...

I thought I read somewhere that most child molestors were married men, but I'd have to do some more research. Careful of those stereotypes!

Well that about yoda in episode 1 u see him train padawans on coruscant but if u read the books it says that young padawans are being trained in a spaceship for their safety. And so are there a number off things not right in the films.

I know that book, I think I have it laying around in my parents house somewhere now (a long way away). I was under the impression that this ship was an idea tried after the beginnings of the jedi purge? Therefore it wouldn't conflict.

Also, as has been stated Lucas has said he doesn't give two hoots what was written in the books, they're his damn jedi to do with as he pleases :>

originally posted 6/6/02

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cjais

The books don't count IMO because some idiot can write whatever he wants to, and take the universe in a completely different direction: "In my version of starwars, Luke wasn't the son of Anakin. And He had 5 kick-arse jedi brothers who helped him." Now I've changed the whole universe and people must now decide if they want to believe my version or Lucas'.

Don't get me too wrong here; The EU can be very interesting and also add to the universe, but when it comes down to wht is starwars and what is not, there's only one man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe it or not the idiot writers you mentioned are LICENSED to use the Star Wars characters and in most cases (the Timothy Zahn trilogy for example) are restricted to write things that do not interfere with George Lucas's vision. If memory serves correct, the mad clone Jedi Jorus C'Baoth was originally supposed to be an Obi Wan Kenobi clone. But Lucas nixed it. These people writing the books aren't just slapping a Star Wars trademark on things and sticking it out there, they have permission.

So, if Lucas wants to give these people permission to write a story, then come back later and change what they wrote, that's a bunch of crap. It would be like me selling you a car and then me coming over and painting it hot pink while you slept, and saying "well it was MY car first, and this was the way I always intended it to be".

Ralph Mcquarie (sp?) Doug Chiang, and John (Lucas was going to use existing classical music originally, but wanted original music, but guess what?! he can't write music!) Williams have as much to do with the creation of Star Wars if not more, than Lucas ever thought about doing. Not counting the tons of puppeteers, make up artists, model makers, etc...Thus making your "only one man" statement ridiculous. Lucas couldn't have made any one of the films you give him so much credit for without TONS of help. Mine and yours included. The fans.

EU is the $#I+. And "IMO" one of the only things that kept fan interest in Star Wars going during the nearly twenty years it took for Lucas to get off his rump and make the prequals. He said a long time ago(in the 80's sometime) that he intended to make 9 movies. The first three in the middle, the next three in the beginning, and the next three at the end, making one big story. He said himself that he waited too long to make 9 movies, and after Episode III Star Wars is done, because the books have all been written about the aftermath of Return of the Jedi, and he wants to move on to making other types of movies.

"So bleh."

ps, most of the books are WAAAY better than the movies anyway, if you can read or at least be bothered to, check them out. Imagination's better than any special effect.

So once again, bleh.

rofl yeah that's usefull information :) well i'll keep reading the books coz i like them more than the movies. Don't get me wrong i love the movies but the books are even better. And i wished the new movies where more like ep 3,4 and 5 thenew ones have to much romances and stuff.

Perhaps the Chu'unthor was more like a recruitment ship like the Eye of Palpatine kinda was, but then again other books have sent Jedi out to investigate a baby's Force potential and act on...

HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT'S THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE GAME!?!?

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

i am never gonna read an eu books(i only read picture books)

i have a couple laying around that my brother and sister used to read and i may have started one but i got bored and stopped

how can you say the books are better than the MOVIES

they are THE movies

without the movies there would be no books

i think the books are hyped up on crack too much happens in them in one book!

Archived