Home

Cheshire's Maul to Reborn SP mod

peloquin

Cheers for that Mr.EFF, as I said before once I talk to Cheshire to make sure he's happy with the changes I made to the file it should be uploaded to jk2.net and all the others by the morning. I know how long people have been waiting for this model and I didn't want to delay it anymore that it has to, once again cheers for hosting it.

It's My Pleasure... Finally I get to take advantage of my unlimited bandwidth ;D

Now if you'll excuse me......

*goes and plays the ladder 100x over*

Oh and... feel free to do whatever you want with the screenies, they're good previews of the model IMO...

-Mr.EFF

Hey, the Maul-Reborn file is king-sized and the Maul skin ****ing RULES it.

However...

How could one go about making the Reborn more difficult in battle? Or, better yet, just the Reborn boss as this seems the best one for one-on-one Maul battle? If find he's too easy to defeat in battle. Has anyone considered putting the maul skin on Tavion? How has that turned out?

- DT

Originally posted by Darth Torgo

Hey, the Maul-Reborn file is king-sized and the Maul skin ****ing RULES it.

However...

How could one go about making the Reborn more difficult in battle? Or, better yet, just the Reborn boss as this seems the best one for one-on-one Maul battle? If find he's too easy to defeat in battle. Has anyone considered putting the maul skin on Tavion? How has that turned out?

- DT

Cheshire tried creating the model to replace tavion, but there were certain bugs preventing him from doing it, I can't think of the specifics right now...

-Mr.EFF

The only prob with having Maul as Tavion is that you'll have her voice for him which is off putting when Maul says anything it takes him out of character. You could do a sound conversion for tavion I guess but Maul has such limited sound files that it would become very repetitive. I've found that Maul works quite well as a shadowtrooper though (blue skin suits the cloaking device better) and would give you a harder battle. But in the end I agree with Cheshire's choice on the reborn mod.

Play around with it yourself though if you want, it's not that hard at all. If you want Maul as Tavion or shadowtrooper or hell even as Mon Mothma all you have to do is extract the models/players/Maul and change the last folder name from Maul to whoever you want. So if you wanted Maul as Tavion just have the folders as models/players/tavion. Zip that up, rename it something like Maul_To_Tavion.pk3 stick it in your base folder and Tavion will now be Maul.

Any model that has been released you can have in the game and is well worth learning how to do it.

here's how I've changed the game:

Kyle- unrobed tyrion/ or robed tyrion

Jan- Aayla

lando- boushh

jeditrainer- qui-gon

jedi- obi-wan

morgan- Anakin

jedif- also boushh

reborn- Maul

shadow- exarkun

tavion- lady brena

desann- Vader

weequay- bobafett

rodian- jango fett

gran- dengar

luke- a new hope skin

swamptrooper- clonetrooper

have fun

peloquin

Can you send me a copy of your "SP unrobed tyrion" .pk3 model? I've already have a robed version of him, but I can't seem to make an unrobed version. If you could send me the file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :)

yah1090@hotmail.com

By the way, I had no trouble in replacing Tavion with a different model. I've played the game using the Lady Maul model as a replacement for Tavion and everything worked fine. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I honestly did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

sure angry, you'll have it in about 5 min.

The only prob Cheshire had with tavion i'm guessing was that he wanted to make a total conversion, so not only change the model in-game but change the sounds and saber hilt and as I said before changing the all the sound files for tavion to maul wouldn't work as there's only so many times you could use "at last me will have revenge' :) also in some of the cut sceens maul as tavion tends to want to twist his head off when tuning left or right ..heh same with vader as desann though is most cut sceens.

Angry sandwich: I've tried sending you the SP_tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 twice now and it's come back to me saying it's too big for your e-mail. I've tried ziping it twice and it's still too big.

so here's how to do it: extract the tyrion.pk3 into a spare folder, go into the models/players/tyrion and delete anything with the word "robed" in it :) mainly the model_robed.skin. zip it back up and name it to something like Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3

now go back into your base folder and remove the tyrion.pk3 and place the Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 in there instead. You also want to have your Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3 in the base folder.

basically if you want norobe use the Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3 + Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3.

if you want robed use tyrion.pk3 + Kyle_to_tyrion_mod.pk3

any probs let me know.

ps: get a better e-mail :)

Hey!

Here I am!

Sorry, I get up a 4 am and don't get home till now which is about 6 pm so I couldn't get back to you Peloquin.

Anyways, check your Email!

One more thing I'm curious about if anyone can answer this for me.

In MP the SKin loses some detail, but in MP it looks pretty true to the way I painted it..................

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Anyways, I just sent Peloquin a reply so look for it soon!

Thanks Peloquin

peloquin, thanks for trying anyway...

I'm pretty sure I did what you did in making the "No Robe Tyrion". I'm gonna try it again. I probably missed something. If it does not work, I'll see if I can use a friend's email address. Thanks again. :)

Edit: Ok, I did what you did so far. One thing, in the folder where I deleted all the robe files, do I still have to go in the default_model.skin file and change all of the lines that say Tyrion to kyle?

Hey peloquin,

I got it to work. Apparently, when I first tried this a couple of days ago, I missed a file or 2. I went over my mistake, caught it and now it works. Oh, one more thing... you don't need to make 2 files for your "No Robe Tyrion" to work in SP. I got it to work using just one .pk3 file. You don't need to make a "Tyrion_norobe_mod.pk3" and a "Kyle_to_Tyrion_mod.pk3". I would send you the file, but my email won't let me send anything over 1MB out (the file is over 1.85MB).

Here's an interesting screenshot. For those of you who know Conan O'brien (a late night talk show host here in America), doesn't Tyrion look like him, lol. I love the model, but it caught me off guard how much he looks like Conan. :)

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=315987

hey angry, glad you got it to work bud. I know you don't need the 2 files as you can put it all in the one norobe mod I just did it in stages so I had them separate :)

LMAO at your conan pic, you should send that into his show I'm sure he would love it and show it on air :)

Cheshire, got your e-mail and I've made the changes. Sending it off to Jk2.net, pollycount and massassi now. Should be up soon.

I'll also post a new thread about the changes in a sec.

Archived