Home

Jaeden Armor- What do You Think?

HeavyGear18

Hey Community,

Its me Mike Cantwell, the guy who has been doing Kyp Durron Skins these past few months. I just wanted to post up this thread to get you opinions on the look of the Jaeden armor I made up for my recent skin. I wanted to make the armor look very Jedi like with many exposed areas to accommodate a Jedi's need for mobility and I also tried to give it a color that suits a Knight. I still feel there is always room for improvement on my skins and I just wanted to get the community's idea on what I could do with the armor's appearance when I armor up Luke Skywalker and other Jedi of the New Jedi Order. I want the armor to look like its of Jaeden make but I want differentiation to fit the persona of the Jedi I skin. Just post whatever comes into your heads so that I may continue to work for the benefit of all of you. For those who may not know what the Kyp Durron Jaeden Armor looks like, here the link for v1.4 http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=506 . Peace out and thanks for listening.

I'm glad you saw the similarity. I actually used the HEV suit from Half-Life as my inspiration. Yes Kyp's face does look like Freedman's but in actuality, Kyp's face is based on mine. ;)

Right now I am working on a new armor type that looks similar but is very different from the original armor; it will have extra plating and new rank insignias. I plan on releasing a Jaeden Armor Mark II skinpack with Kyp, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker and Kyle in their own Mark II Jaeden Armor. I should have some preview screens up soon. (oh and each skin will have their own CTF skins) Peace out for now.

Originally posted by HeavyGear18

I'm glad you saw the similarity. I actually used the HEV suit from Half-Life as my inspiration. Yes Kyp's face does look like Freedman's but in actuality, Kyp's face is based on mine. ;)

Right now I am working on a new armor type that looks similar but is very different from the original armor; it will have extra plating and new rank insignias. I plan on releasing a Jaeden Armor Mark II skinpack with Kyp, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker and Kyle in their own Mark II Jaeden Armor. I should have some preview screens up soon. (oh and each skin will have their own CTF skins) Peace out for now.

I can't wait for that new pack. I am a very big fan of your Kyp in the armor. You should stop by the modeling forum and sign up for one of the models that needs skinners sometime.

Feel free to make any and all suggestions you have for the armor. And don't say you dont need credit for your ideas; if they are your ideas and I use them, I will most definately make sure you get credit for it. So feel free to post any and all of your ideas in this thread.

I just finished my new Mark II Armor Pack and the final cuts for the characters featured are as follows:

Kyp Durron

Kyle Katarn

Luke Skywalker

(each have their own armor colors and their own team skins)

I will make more skin packs in the future (not just Jaeden Armor variants) with a huge variety of New Jedi Order and classic series characters. If there are some characters that you want to suggest for new skins, drop your ideas in this post and I'll check in from time to time to see what you all got.

Definatly looks ok from a distance, but would need to see a larger image of that. The chest armor seems to lack the detail that was put into the rest of the skin. Also why don't you try to make a real face, instead of cut & paste from Raven's work? Even if you are going to do the same character, you can make it on your own.

Well you are definately right about the chest armor. That problem is adressed in the newest set of skins I made in the Mark IIs. As for his face, you are half right about the cut and paste. First off, the hair texture is Raven's but I changed the effects on the hair to look blonde highlights (Kyp does have brown hair but it looks cooler with blonde in it). As for the face, part of it is Raven's but I changed it enough to look very different from the default jedi. Besides, it is so hard to find some decent pictures of Kyp for skinning so I tried my best to adjust the face to look like his.

Much better, but those black areas need some sort of detailing like straps for the armor and whatnot. Try to avoid haing flat black anywhere. The same goes for white. Also a reflect light of a purple or blue would enhance those edges of the armor.

Also about the face, what is so hard about making any sort of face? Even if it isn't as well done as the rest of the skin, you have learned more and you come out ahead of those people who just do cut and paste type jobs because they either don't care or are to lazy.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna get working on another skinpack later on this month (non-Jaeden armor) of some expanded universe characters but I think I'll work on the trainer skin with the armor before I get to work on them.

In the mean time check out my newest pack of Mark II's which is now available.

Originally posted by legameboy

your really good at this good job, and has anyone noticed that the download server at jediknightii.net hasnt been working lately?

Yeah I have noticed that the server has been bugging out lately but I wouldn't sweat it. All I hope is that my new skins make it on the 10 Favorites list soon. Thanks for your positive input man and I am glad you like my work. :D

Archived