Home

Totally stuck on Asteroid Crust - MOTS level 2

Guest Chiles4

Guest Chiles4

Right from the start I cannot find any "high" control panel to shoot to open the door in the Security Checkpoint. When I bang on the door it says "Mission Objective Completed" but I never got the "scope". I go thru the crack in the wall (which Trail says is on the far wall but is really on the near wall) but can't find any secret. I then continue up past the AT-ST but can't find any chimney to fall thru to the cavern floor where there is supposed to be a security perimeter and a computer panel thru a doorway. Instead I find a small building with one bad guy with a door that doesn't open. Where is this security perimter? I'm supposed to shoot some computer panel so some door doesn't close. I've used cheats to scour this entire level at my own pace but some of Trail's walkthru just doesn't make any sense. I'm really pulling my hair out here. Any help immensely appreciated!

Guest Garindan

i think i know what you're having trouble with. I hope you have the scope, 'cause you'll need it. ok, get on the ledge looking out onto the security part, and use the scope, aim for the door that closes when you get near it, and shoot the camera thing. ugh, i haven't played in so long i forgot. well i hope i helped.

Guest Chiles4

Where do get the "scope"? Don't you get it after you go in the door on the right that wouldn't open? I know the high place you're referring and it would make sense that you would have the scope at this point but I don't and don't know where to get it. I'm not sure what you mean by the door that closes when I get near it. Is that the door that wouldn't open towards the right of the Security Checkpoint that has the elevator inside? Thanks for the reply - I'm not giving up on this!

Guest paulbarnard

In the control room on the ledge by the camera viewing station. You have to use the bryr pistol for best results to shoot into the control room and open it up. The scope is in there. You access the scope by using the stormtrooper rifle. Hit 3 two times. The scope makes life as kyle so much fun.

Guest Chiles4

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Maybe if I lowered the resolution I could see it a little better (I'm running at 1280x960).

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

First of all, do not give up!

To get the rifle scope do this: From the start of the level, do not go through the first opening you see. Instead, go around the nose of your ship and you will see a raised opening in the wall. Go through that and proceed till it ends. When it ends, go left and proceed through the opening that you see. At the end of it, you will see that open area full of Stormies and the security bunker. Kill the stormies and go to the bunker. Now, here’s the trick, you can shoot through the windows of the bunker, so first, shoot the oficer, then look across to the other side of the bunker and you will see a few reddish panels. Shoot the highest panel and viola, the door opens. Inside is the scope.

Then, do not go any farther, retrace your steps to where you went through the passage from the beginning and this time turn right instead of left, and you can see the entire compound as well as the door control you have to shoot (lower right of the compound) with the rifle scope. While you are there, go ahead and take out all the stormies and gun turrets. Lotta fun

If you wanna know the full walkthrough as well as where the secrets are, I might post them is anyone wants to know and if I have time.

Hope that helps.

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

First of all, do not give up!

To get the rifle scope do this: From the start of the level, do not go through the first opening you see. Instead, go around the nose of your ship and you will see a raised opening in the wall. Go through that and proceed till it ends. When it ends, go left and proceed through the opening that you see. At the end of it, you will see that open area full of Stormies and the security bunker. Kill the stormies and go to the bunker. Now, here’s the trick, you can shoot through the windows of the bunker, so first, shoot the oficer, then look across to the other side of the bunker and you will see a few reddish panels. Shoot the highest panel and viola, the door opens. Inside is the scope.

Then, do not go any farther, retrace your steps to where you went through the passage from the beginning and this time turn right instead of left, and you can see the entire compound as well as the door control you have to shoot (lower right of the compound) with the rifle scope. While you are there, go ahead and take out all the stormies and gun turrets. Lotta fun

If you wanna know the full walkthrough as well as where the secrets are, I might post them is anyone wants to know and if I have time.

Hope that helps.

Guest Chiles4

I did exactly as you described earlier this morning and was successful. I'm now at the point where you start dealing with the huge open shaft with the lift. Now I wish I hadn't flown thru the whole level with cheats to figure it out. I started out the wrong way, couldn't figure things out, and got totally confused by Trail's walkthru. I guess I need to practice the patience of a Jedi. Using the scope was so much fun I made myself late for work. Thanks for the help!

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Yeah, Chiles, I love that part where you can take out all the unsuspecting Stormies with the scope.

Now, have you made the turret across the cavern behind the force field shoot the fuel tanks and "Blast the controls?" cause, thats when the lift starts moving and you can jump on it to get across the cavern.

Guest Chiles4

Yeah, I used the scope going in and out of the Tie Hanger area and it was awesome!

On a previous "fly" through of the level where I was totally lost and bewildered, something exploded and suddenly the lift starting moving. I have no idea what I did but I'll have to figure out again.

This was the most confusing level I've ever played in JK. I moved thru it backwards and mistook the security perimeter for the security checkpoint and visa versa.

I'm psyched! I have another 12 levels of JK (MotS) I've never played before. I usually get to games about two years after they come out. I thought I was going to shelf MotS like I did with my other FPS.

Man I wish Trail had finished his MotS walkthrough. I've heard people on alt.games.jedi-knight being stuck in MotS and can't get help.

[This message has been edited by Chiles4 (edited March 22, 2001).]

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Yeah, MOTS was the toughest game I played.

Level 14 took me two days to beat. But now, I have beat it enough that I know my way through all the levels as well as the Secret Areas.

A word of caution, watch out for the vornskyrs in level 12-14 I think. They are mean SOBs that hurt like hell, are imune to cloaking force powers, and are tougher than anything to kill.

So, if you need any pointers, just ask

Guest Kurgan

http://zortron_2.tripod.com/index.html

Book mark the above site, it has complete walkthroughs for all of the MotS levels (except the secret level, which was being worked on last I checked). A great complete page! ; ) Warning: it contains spoilers, so if you don't want to be suprised about a level, don't read ahead unless you're super desperate.

And tell those folks who are confused about MotS on the newsgroups about it too!

Kurgan

Guest Chiles4

Thanks for the links, Kurgan, Garindan. They both proved worthwhile especially Zortron's walkthru. Yeah, I saw the AT-AT. You're so close to it you could almost miss what it was!

I just finished reading "Heir to the Empire". It had Vornskrs in it. The games and the books have the same canon in them. I can't tell who followed who. I'm just thrilled that everybody (authors, programmers) is one the same Star Wars page!

Guest paulbarnard

The game followed the book. The book was written in 1990???? The game probably got the Vonskr's right, but MOTS totall screwed up the Noghri.

The book got the vornskrs right by description, but they look too much like wolves for my taste. The WEG sourcebook for HttE has pics of vornskrs that look like a cross between a wolf, a doberman, a lynx, and a lion.

As for those so-called noghri --ugh!

"Real" noghri are small (they can pass for jawas), intelligent, swift, silent, and fiercely honourable.

Those grey ape-things are huge, stupid, lumbering, loud, and work for pirates!

Zahn designed his noghri to be assassins. MotS' noghri are designed to be big, mean monsters that jump out at you from shadows.

LEC wanted a name that would inspire fear in EU fans, so they added the "noghri" to the game with absolutely no regard for the background (just like they did to Mara and even Kyle).

It may be a great game, but story-wise MotS stinks worse than the Holiday Special. mad.gif

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Agreed, the Nohgri stunk up the last few levels. They were soooooo easy to kill, and didn't follow the books at all.

Now the Vornskyrs still creep me out every time I play. The way I've found out to kill them is either use saber throw/force destruct while out of their jumping range, or stand your ground, take your hits and kill them before they get you.

Ewwww, creepy.

------------------

The Force will be with you...Always.

Guest Garindan

hey, i thought the story was awesome, the sith part was too freaky though, you know with all those zombies, it'd scare me to play it at night. the best storyline was the one where you had to find abron mar, ka'pa, and had to babysit the corvette.

Archived