Home

Forcing connect to a server?

Versaden

This is kind of dedicated server, since it's a problem with a clan mate being unable to connect to our server.

He is behind a firewall, but the port is open (28071) on it. Yet for some reason, when he plugs the IP and the port into the "Add Favorites" and refreshes his list, he is unable to see it.

Is there a console command that could force a connection to our server? Does anyone have any connections as to what can be done to fix this problem?

Thanks...

Versaden

You can always try connecting via the client console like so:

/connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port

Obviously, you replace the x's with the ip and port with the port number. Now, if he still can't connect that way, then he's probably got some firewall/router issues--assuming that everyone else can see and connect to the server just fine. As far as how to "fix" that? Well, that's going to depend entirely on the make and model of firewall/router and about a dozen other things to lengthly to go into here.

How would one add a password after the /connect switch?

/connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx ????

And for some reason, I'm completely unable to get our server listed on Raven's master server even though the tag is in the .cfg file. Any suggestions anyone? I'm at a total loss.

Thanks,

Versaden

Originally posted by Versaden

How would one add a password after the /connect switch?

/connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx ????

And for some reason, I'm completely unable to get our server listed on Raven's master server even though the tag is in the .cfg file. Any suggestions anyone? I'm at a total loss.

Thanks,

Versaden

use the /password command before your /connect command. eg:

/password [i]blah[/i]
/connect [i]Fancy.jk2.server port[/i]

connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx;password xxxxx

same thing... but different. hehehe.

but does anyone have any idea why my serv wouldn't be listed on raven's master serv (or gamespy)?

seta dedicated "2"

seta net_ip "65.113.117.80"

seta net_port "28071"

seta sv_master5 ""

seta sv_master4 ""

seta sv_master3 ""

seta sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"

seta sv_master1 "masterjk2.ravensoft.com"

and even after all of this, it STILL doesn't pick up? Could this be a problem w/ my dedicated server company? Any clues on how to remedy this?? It's getting extremely frustrating.

Thanks All,

Versaden

Archived